Chapter 5: "Scottard"

*** I just realized that I fucking skipped this chapter when I was posting. I'm an idiot. Well... It's here now I guess. Sorry for the mix. ***

"Mitchie!" There was a large mass of limbs sprinting behind me, so I figured it was Scott. "You left your lunch on the counter!"

"This isn't mine."

"I made it for you." He had this large grin on his face. He never made lunch for me. Did he break something?

"What did you do?"

"I wanted an excuse to talk to you! You've been working so hard we haven't gotten to like talk." He cupped one of his hands with the other over his chest. He was so proud of himself. I'd befriended a forever puppy.

"I have a cell phone."

"That's not close enough!" He grabbed my hand and continued to walk. "How've you been?"

"Ugh." I fixed my hair with my free hand and looked up at mountain of human next to me. "I'm mostly fine, but there's this guy who rides the bus with me."

"Is he cute?"

"That's nowhere near important, Scottard."

He laughed, disconnecting his hand from mine so he could clap his together.

"He keeps ruining my books!"

He stopped walking suddenly and grinned at me. "Do you remember in third grade when you spoiled my reading book?"

"Excuse me?"

"This is Karma." He hugged me as if some grave evil had been forgiven. He could not be serious.

"First of all, that was three-hundred years ago."

"They say Karma's a bitch. No one says she's a fast bitch."