She flashes us a huge smile and digs into her food. "I'm going job hunting today and then I have a dentist appointment. It's a start." She shoves a forkful of eggs into her mouth and then slams back her whole mug of tea. "I'm really nervous, but excited at the same time." She sits back in her seat. "I've been doing a lot of thinking and I'm ready to change my life. Joe has kept me back for so long and I haven't even experienced life yet." She looks over at Jace and reaches for his shoulder. "I can't do this without you, little brother. I really need your help." Her eyes water as her bottom lip begins to quiver.

She really does need his help. She needs it much more than I do now. Maybe me getting the apartment is perfect timing for them to repair their relationship. Jace's place is only big enough for two people and at the moment, Jackie is the one that needs him the most.

Jace wraps his arms around his sister and pulls her in close for a hug. The sight makes my eyes water. Jace is the greatest and most loving person I've ever met.

Jackie and I are both lucky to have him in our lives.

"Jackie," I say with a slight smile.

Jackie peers over Jace's shoulder and smiles back. "Yeah."

"I'm moving out today. My old room will be empty if you'd like it." I glance over at Jace and he nods his head in approval.

"I have enough money saved up that I can buy a new bed and a few other things to get me started. You should take my old room and be close to Jace." I pause. "You guys need each other."

Jackie's eyes fall down to Jace's shoulders before she pulls away and looks Jace in the eye. "I don't know. I don't want you guys to think Avery has to move just to make room for me." Her face scrunches up as a tear falls down her cheek. "I can't-"

"It's not like that. I'd let you stay no matter what," he says firmly. "I would have been perfectly fine on the couch or in Avery's room." He looks over at me and smiles. "Avery just needs to be on her own for a bit. She's been working really hard to get on her feet and now is her chance to do that. It's not a problem, Jackie."

Looking at Jackie, I suddenly get the urge to reach out and give her a hug. She feels like a big part of me now. Maybe it's because she's the biggest part of Jace. I want Jace and everything that comes with him.

I stand up from my chair, pushing it under the table, before walking over to Jackie. I look down at her and then slowly bend down and wrap my arms around her. Her hands feel stiff for a moment before she squeezes me close to her and rubs my back. "I'm so happy you're here with Jace."

Jackie grabs both of my arms and looks me in the eye. "You have no idea how happy I am to be back. Jace is the only place I've ever really felt safe at. He took care of the whole family for so long. He's the glue that holds us together." She turns her head away and squeezes my arms. "I lost that for a long time. Don't let that happen to you."

We both look over at Jace to see him staring in shock at the both of us. To be honest, I'm in shock myself. I've never really felt the need to hug anyone in my life before.

Jace has changed me. Love has changed me. The feeling scares the living crap out of me. I never wanted to feel I need someone to be happy. Or that I need someone to be close to. Now, even the thought of being out of Jace's arms breaks my heart into a million pieces.

Jace clears his throat and then stands up from the table. "Well ladies. I'll do these dishes." He kisses Jackie on the forehead. "Good luck." Then he walks over, grabs my face and presses his lips to my cheek. "Go and get ready so I can buy you a few things for this apartment of yours." He smiles and then looks down at the ground, his eyes looking sad.