Over our weekend

"ugh..." I peek my eyes open to see Reki yawning and stretching right as he arises. "Langa..." He reaches over to tap my body and make sure I'm there while his eyes are closed from yawning. A smile forms when he feels me.

"Good morning." My voice is hoarse from just waking up. I clear my throat and he snickers.

"What time is it?"

"Ummm" A check my phone. "10:17"

"SHIT!"

He jumps over me and takes off his pants.

"Huh?! Wha-" I turn away.

"I gotta be at work by 10:30! Oh shit oh shit!" He hustles on wriggling his pants and hoodie on at the same time.

"Holy crap!" I jump up. Reki rushes down the hall to the bathroom, grabbing his work bag hanging on his door handle and splashing water in his face.

"Uggghhhh!!" He throws mouthwash in his mouth and spits it out after combing his hair for a couple seconds.

"Okay! Let's go!"

"Wha-? Reki, I'm still wearing pajama pants!"

"Here!" He throws me a pair of sweatpants. "Want a hoodie too? It might rain today so I can also give you an extra umbrella!" He picks up his board and hands me both an umbrella and a hoodie before I can respond. I quickly change into his one size too small clothes.

He grabs my hand and hands me my board. "Let's go!"

"Reki-"

"You're here?" Oka looked confused.

"Yes!" Reki huffed, trying to catch his breath. "On time for opening shift!"

Oka sighed. "How are you here before me? I haven't even unlocked the shop yet. And why is Langa here?" He stops and stares at me while I smile a bit embarrassed. "Why is he wearing your clothes?" He basically glares at Reki.

"He spent the night and it was an emergency."

"I thought your family was out of town?" He stares at Reki as we walk in.

"They are."

Oka looks up and me and then back to Reki. "...mhmm....."

"Hey! What are you thinking?" Reki shouted.

Oka sighs. "Nothing. Whatever." He puts a board that fell back on display and Reki jumps in a rolly chair nearly knocking it over. "Hey, your shift ends at 3 so don't half-ass everything. I have 2 people scheduled to come in for board designing at noon so just send them to me."

"Alright!"

"Oh, and Hiromi will probably stop by at some point so tell me if he does I wanna say hi."

"Hiromi?" Reki whispers to himself.

"Shadow." I whisper to him. "It's shadow."

"Hey Langa, you don't gotta stick around. You can go do whatever." Reki stares at me as I roll around the shop in the other rolly chair.

"I'm fine." I holler.

He sighs. "It's pretty dead in the morning so nothing much will happen. You should just go out and do something."

"I want to be here." I roll up to the counter and stare at him, making eye contact.

He blushes. "Well you're gonna be bored- I hate to drag you into my work so you should just go."