Thursday

Thursday

{Reki's POV}

I peek my eyes open. Langa lays on his side in front of me, peacefully sleeping. His arms are slightly around me, it seems like it was a hug but eventually let go and just rested. I move a bit closer and hug him around the neck. This is nice. I take a deep breath and sigh with content. Langa's back is facing his bedroom doors and I stare across his room, trying to focus my eyes on the clock above his door. As if God is against me, I hear the terrible creaking sound Langa's door makes when it is opened slowly.

Langa's mom walks in speaking in English. Our eyes lock. She stares at me for a moment, my arms around his neck, his arms wrapped around me, sharing a bed instead of his futon. She made a sound that no language barrier could stop me from understanding.

"Oh." She backed up and closed the door behind her as she left the room in a rush.

Holy shit! Holy crap! She totally just got the wrong idea!

"Langa." I shake him slightly, he grunts. "Langa! Wake up." I whisper yell.

He peeks his eyes open. "Good morning!" He hits me with a caring smile. I avert my eyes.

"You're mom just walked in-"

"Did she want something?" He interrupted.

"I'm not sure, she was speaking English and when she saw me she just froze. I think I pushed it. Does she hate me? She so hates me now. oh god..." I mumble near the end and Langa grows concerned as I hide my face in my hands. He moves my hands away and holds my cheek.

"Hey- wha? No." He brushes some hair away. "I promise she doesn't, she really likes you. She was probably expecting me to be awake so she was just embarrassed to have walked in on you." He pulls me a bit closer.

Is this normal?  I stuff my face against his chest. "Okay." I groan out. This isn't what friends do. He pulls me closer and we embrace in a deep hug. This is different. He brushes his hand through my hair. I should say something. I pull away and we make eye contact.

He sighs. "Reki, you don't have to worry, I promise once you get to know her yo-"

"I want her to like me." I whisper.

He puffs out a breathe he's been holding. "Reki, it's fine- chill out. I don't know why you're so worried." He wiped his face with his hand and sat up.

"It's still raining." I change the subject after a few moments of silence. "What should we do?"

He pauses. "I'm not sure. We could watch a movie right now? And go on a rainy walk later? Maybe go to an arcade or some fast food place. I'm sure Joe's place is open, we could drop by and say hi." I lean my head against his shoulder.

"That's a good idea. Let's do all of it." I smirk.

"Wha- Really? I was kidding-"

"Nope! Now we gotta." I shoulder him and he pauses for a moment. He smiles and nods, picking up his TV remote.

"Whaddya wanna watch?"

"Let's just watch some random movie," I respond while checking my phone. "I don't care too much about the genre unless it's historical or factual or something, I hate documentaries."

"They're not that bad." He rolls his eyes. "How about this? It has that one actor you like." He hovered over a romcom.

I shrug. "Up to you, but that's in Japanese so it might be hard to keep up with how fast they speak."

"I forget you slow your voice down for me to understand. I'll be fine, if it's too much I'll turn on subtitles." He turns it on and we throw a blanket over us.