Friday

{Reki's POV}

I take a deep breath and smile into the warmth. It smells like Langa. I peek my eyes open to see Langa sleeping peacefully against me. It is Langa. I smile but drop it after a couple of seconds. We kissed again last night. How many times is that now? Is it okay with him? Has he even initiated a kiss? I swallow the spit that's welled up in my mouth. When did this even start? It was a mistake the first time but I...

I splash water in my face. Langa's still asleep on the couch, I had to rush to the bathroom after my eyes began to water and soon flood with a few tears. Stop overthinking this stuff. I let out a sigh. I peek around the corner to make sure he's still sleeping, yup.

I look over at the clock sitting on the small table near the sofa, 10:34am

I sit back down beside him. Is it normal to like my best friend like this? I never once thought about it, I guess I wanted us to be closer but I never thought about romantic feelings with him-yet, when we kissed it's like a hole in my heart was filled, life seemed complete. Like an itch I didn't even know I had was scratched, and now that I have him in my grasps I never want to let him go. I want to keep being with him like this, I don't care what that means- whether I like him romantically or not this is what I want. I think being like this with him is all I'll ever need. I cuddle closer to him, he stirs.

"Reki...?" His groggy morning voice spoke, some drool on his chin and he's looking down at me with nothing but care in his gaze.

Be normal, you're not weird-it's not weird. Calm down. "Morning Langa." I whisper as to not bother him since he just woke up.

He moves his hand to the back of my head and pulls me in for a hug. "mm... Reki."

"Yeah?" I hum as I reciprocate the now long-lasting hug. We silently stay like that for much longer than any 'friends' would. Stop it, Reki! You can't keep wanting him this close.

He pulls his face away from my shoulder and in front of my face, making eye contact but keeping his arms around me. This is so confusing. I'm so scared. I feel like I'm chained in the wilderness, free but stuck. Why do I want to be close to you like this? He brushes some hair on my face. I want this, I feel so safe and warm but I shouldn't. "Reki...?"

He stared at me hesitantly. What do I want? I gulp. No, I know exactly what I want. He squeezes me a little. I want you to kiss me Langa.

"Are you okay?"

Something in me shattered and I felt tears rush down my face.

~~

"Hey! Pass me the salt!" I shout as I turn the heat for the eggs down, I always burn them so I'm trying to be cautious.

"Here." He passes the shaker to me as he butters the bagels.  [That felt so weird to type out]

I hum to the tune of the Japanese song playing and double-check the eggs aren't burnt.

Ting!

"The rice is ready, I'll get it," Langa says and sets down the plate of bagels on the table.

I scoop the eggs onto a plate and the steam rises. I blow on the eggs and grab the cheese, pouring a generous amount of the shredded delight on it. This is gonna be great!

He sets two mugs on the table along with the rice. I prepare the eggs on the table and place the fruit bowl down beside it. We stop and look at our meal. We both share a feeling of contentment.