13

Friday Night Dinner

       Nina POV
                   I was quietly sitting in the passenger seat of Michael's truck looking out the window. I was nervous as hell. This would be the first time I had been around everyone since I got back. I'm sure everyone knows about the baby by now, and I don't know how to really feel. "Why you so quiet?" Michael said breaking me out of my thoughts. "No reason just a lot stuff on my mind I guess."

                  "A lot of stuff like what?" I turned and looked at him confused. These past couple of days had been weird to say the least. Michael was always under foot. He was home every night by 6 no later than 6:30. He'd gotten a new number so it wasn't constantly ringing like a call center, and he was being very attentive. If I didn't know just how healthy he was I'd think he'd suffered some sort of mild stroke.

                  "Hello...a lot of stuff like what?" He said breaking me out of my thoughts. "Oh um just the baby and how everyone feels about it. Stuff like that." He frowned "you think they won't be happy about the baby?" I shrugged and turned to look back out the window just as we were pulling into the driveway. I hopped out and waited for him to come around. He grabbed my hand like it was second nature and we walked towards the door.

                  "Family! Where y'all at!" Michael yelled as we walked in. "Family room son!" We walked towards the family room and everyone was present I walked around and said my hellos to everyone and then sat on the couch next to Arian. She nudged me "you good?" I nodded my head yes and said "just got a slight headache" Michael came over as soon as the words left my lips and said "you should have told me you weren't feeling well we could have stayed home." I looked at him and said "I'm good relax."

"Alright everyone dinner is ready." Mama Joyce said walking into the room. We all stood up and went towards the table. Michael rushed in front of me and pulled out my chair "thanks" I said as I sat down. Arian took the seat on the right of me and Michael was to my left.

Michael cleared his throat after everyone had fixed their plates and said "I just wanted to apologize to everyone for my behavior the last few months. I was working through some issues, but I'm good now." Blake reached across the table and dapped him up "you good big bro next time my celebrity strong neck ass ain't gone hold back though." Everyone started laughing. Gabe laughed out and said "Blake yo neck really is strong as hell though!"

                   "You good babe?" Michael said when he looked down at my half eaten plate

                   "You good babe?" Michael said when he looked down at my half eaten plate. I jumped up from the table and ran towards the bathroom. I lifted the toilet seat just in time to spill my guts out. I jumped at the feel of someone pulling my hair back away from my face and rubbing my back. "You should go back to the table I'm ok." He sat on the floor next to me already shaking his head "nah I'm good. We in this together."

                      Michael got up and got a cold wet towel and started dabbing it across my face. "According to this baby book I've been reading 50% of women will get past morning sickness by their second trimester you're just right around 4 months now so hopefully we'll be past this soon." I opened my eyes and stared at him for a second before saying "ok what's up with you?" He looked confused "what you talking about?" I shrugged "I mean you're reading baby books? You're just different these last few days."

Michael POV

I shrugged my shoulders and smiled at her "get used to it. I'm turning over a new leaf." I said while helping her to her feet. "You want to go home or you want to try and finish dinner?" She smiled and walked slowly out of the bathroom "let's go see if this gremlin of yours will finally let me eat." 

                     "Sorry about that y'all" Nina said as she walked back in and sat down

"Sorry about that y'all" Nina said as she walked back in and sat down. Everyone immediately started trying to make her as comfortable as possible. "Sweetheart I lived off ginger ale and crackers when I was pregnant with that one right there." She said pointing towards Jackson. "Worse pregnancy of my life. There's no need for you to apologize."

                   Jackson smiled and said "sooo there's gonna be a new addition to the Grey family huh? Looks like mama got her wish. One of  us is married another one is giving her a grand baby." Michael laughed and said "yeah well I do distinctly remember Orion volunteering me as tribute."

Everyone laughed "so is it as bad as you thought it'd be? Your words and I quote "don't you put that evil on me!"" Nina paused, fork hovering over her plate, waiting for my answer. I grabbed her leg under the table and smiled "wouldn't change a thing to be honest. I'm blessed." Arian let out a sigh and whispered "Aaw"

August spoke up for the first time that night "I'm just worried about how she gone push out one these big ass Grey family heads!" Arian slapped his arm "shut up boy!" He leaned over and kissed her cheek before raising his hands in surrender "I'm just saying." The rest of the night went smoothly with everyone promising to be there for next Friday.