Sunflower Seeds-9

-knuckles pov~
It had been about a week since my incident, and I was back to digging holes. We were back to digging individual holes. I'm surprised I'm saying this, but i kinda missed digging holes. I missed hanging out with the boys. The stitches were a success, and honestly I have no idea how my scar opened back up. Maybe the scabs over time wore away, but I guess we'll never know. This was my first hole since my accident. I was worried mr sir would make me dig the holes that I missed. I got ready and walked out to grab my shovel. I felt a pair of hands grab my waist. "BOO!" The person said. It actually scared me. "AHHH!" I turned around and almost slapped the person across the face until I realized it was zigzag."good gosh you scared me." I said, catching my breath. He laughed. I kissed him quickly and then started to walk to our spot. "Uhm excuse me?" He asked. What was he talking about? "What?" I asked him. "I'm not satisfied with that kiss." He pouted. This guy sometimes. I walked back over and kissed him again. This time, longer. He was happy with that one. As I got to our spot, some of the boys were already there. Once they saw me, they bombarded me with hugs, and armpits hug knocked me down with the amount of force he used. All the boys were asking me how I was and stuff like that. It felt good to be back. We all dug our own holes today. Mr sir came by with the water truck. We all lined up. "Good to have you back." He smiled at me. "Uh, thank you?" I said. I wasn't sure if he was kidding or not. As I walked away with my canteen, he patted my back. I felt kind of weird around him. He acted like he was my friend. Bipolar rat. He was over there scolding the guys about something when I stopped listening. A little while later, he left. We were all digging. "Hey, anyone want some sunflower seeds?" Magnet asked, his voice laced with his Spanish accent. We all cheered and started passing it around. It went from magnet, to squid, to X-ray, to armpit, to zero, to me, to zig, and then to caveman. Caveman dropped the bag that had been tossed to him, and the seeds went everywhere. "Guys- guys he's coming back!!" I yelled. Caveman scurried and tried to cover the seeds with dirt. Mr sir came up to him. "Where'd these come from? The sky?" He asked. Caveman looked terrified. "Let's see what the warden says about it. Come on." Caveman got into the truck with mr sir. We all watched it take off. The boys took their hats off and put them over their hearts for him. I just put my hand in salute. I didn't wear a hat, I had thicker hair to protect my head. So did zigzag. "He'll come back. Just keep digging." I reassured them. We all kept digging. A bit later, caveman came back and he looked fine. "Hey thanks for covering for us." Armpit thanked. "What'd she do to you? You good?" I asked. "Yep. She didn't do anything." He replied calmly. Huh, weird. "Well What'd you say?" X asked. "Nothing." Caveman laughed. I guess she was in a good mood. "But she wanted to see knuckles." Caveman said, shrugging and looking at me. My heart sunk. I didn't do anything. But then I remembered. She legally can't do anything to me. I relieved myself. I'm fine. "Ok." I said. I dropped my shovel and started to walk back to camp. I heard some commotion in the background. Something about zero digging caveman's hole or something. As I went to the wardens cabin, I told myself she couldn't hurt me, or I'd call the police. Here we go. I knocked on the door, and she opened it quickly. "Come in come in!" She welcomed. I was kind of caught off guard of how nice she was. "You can pick a seat, get comfy." She said warmly. I was indeed going to die today. "You needed me?" I asked. "Yes, I wanted to talk to you about, well, your scars." Oh shoot. How'd she know? Oh. Well she is the warden, right? She knows everything. "What about them?" I asked. "How Long have they been there?" She asked me. I honestly lost track. I'd say about half a year. "About 6 months." I said, my country accent laced my words. "How'd they get there? You know you can tell me anything. I ain't gonna do anything to ya. It's just me and you. I care for ya. You're my only girl at camp." I felt relieved that she cared. I felt like I could tell her. "Uh, well. My mom was a missionary for our church. One year, they went to India for about a year. While she was there, I had to stay with my uncle. He abused me when he got drunk, and I really couldn't do anything." I said plainly. I never cried, especially about things like This. I wasn't a baby, and I didn't really feel the need to make people pity me. Sure it hurt, but I wasn't gonna cry. "I'm so sorry darlin." The warden said, with sadness in her eyes. I could tell she knew how I felt. "You know you can talk to me. I know I'm all big and mean, but I know how you feel." She said to me. I was thankful for her for once in my life. "Thanks." I said with a smile. "No problem! You talk to me whenever." She said reassuringly. "I'll tell ya what, I know those showers only come up half way, so why don't you take a shower in my cabin?" She offered. This woman. How come I'd never seen her so nice before? I mean I wasn't gonna turn it down. "Thank you!" I said thankfully. "No problem! You don't need shower tokens either. I know how hot it can be out there. Just don't tell no one." She winked. "Yes ma'am." I said politely. "Thank you again." I said, before opening the door and walking out. I felt better now. When I got back, zigzag was pacing around his hole. "Hey guys!" I said happily. They all looked relieved to see me. Zigzag tackled me into a hug. "Im so glad you're ok!" He said relieved. I didn't know why he was so worried. Oh wait. Yes I did. Acute paranoia. "What'd she do? Are you ok?" He stressed, looking at me. I laughed. "I'm fine zig. She just asked me about my scars and stuff." I said calmly. He relaxed after that. "Good." He smiled. I finished my hole in about 10 minutes and then walked back to the tent. I grabbed stuff for my shower and walked to the cabin. I knocked on the door. "Sir I swear-" she opened the door and saw me. "Oh knuckles! Come in, the shower is down the hall to the left." She told me, patting my back. "Thanks." I smiled, then walked to the shower. Her shower was heavenly. Her water wasn't the coldest, and she had really nice smelling soap. I used very little, I knew how to use manners. When I finished, I thanked her, and then went to dinner with the boys. The rest of the night was chill, and overall, it was good to be back.

I liked This chapter a lot!!! I don't really have anything to say abt it, but overall I thought it was cute. Stay strong y'all! More to come🤍
Stay salty
Stay happy
Dig holes<33