The first kiss-4

~Zigzag POV~
Last night was absolutely perfect. We didn't talk about it much today, and the others don't know about it. Last night was when I realized I truly loved knuckles. I thought deeply at breakfast, until a small hand interrupted my thoughts. "And then he-Hello?? Ricky? Are you even listening to what I'm saying??"knuckles asked. I had no idea what she was talking about. She was right, I wasn't listening to what she was saying. "No" I laughed at her facial expression. She had a playful hurt look on her face. Absolutely adorable. "Ouch. What are you even thinking about zig?" She asked. That was the first time she called me zig. I was okay with it. "Uh- nothing, I'm just tired." I said with a fake yawn. "Oh yeah right." She chuckled, punched my arm lightly, and then went to throw the remaining 3/4 of her honey tortilla out. "That all you're gonna eat?" Mom asked. I hated Mr. Pandanski with a passion. He always had to say something about what she was doing. "Uhm- yeah why does it bother you?" She said with an eye roll. Gosh I love this girl. "Well I don't know, I expect you to eat more than that. You'll need more protein since you're so scrawny. You won't be able to stand with just that in your system! How much you wanna bet you won't make it till lunch?" He kept going, making fun of how little she ate, and that she needed to eat a burger or something. I was so angry at this guy, I had my hands in fists and my knuckles were turning white. Does he not have manners?! He still kept going. "You'll die out there!! You're built like a twig! Come on, eat someth-" BAM
He stopped talking. She had socked his nose right in the middle. Sure, we called her knuckles, but we'd never actually seen her hit someone. Blood dripped down her right hand from her knuckles. They weren't fully healed, but she insisted she take the bandage off. No one said a word. At this point mom was on the ground, squirming like a little girl, holding his nose. She stood there staring down on him. I smiled proudly, so did the rest of the boys. She bent down and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, forcing him to look her in the eyes. "At least I'm actually healthy, unlike you. You need to lay off the burgers." She said with a smirk. That's my person. She just doesn't know it yet. Just then she threw him to the ground and stood up. She grabbed her shovel and walked off like nothing happened. Nothing did happen. It's an unspoken rule we have at camp. If the warden or mr sir didn't see it, nothing happened. We all grabbed our shovels quickly after knuckles and ran after her, all of us were congratulating her and patting her back. She just smiled and said, "he should have thought before he spoke." She looked down at her right knuckles, and they were bleeding. She wasn't sure what to do and she looked around for a bandage. I had to help. It was the right thing to do. It was also an excuse to hold her hand. "Here, lemme help." I said, ripping off a piece of my t shirt. I gently wrapped it around her knuckles, and then tied it at the bottom. "Oh- thanks." She said, smiling, and a light shade of pink dusted her nose and cheeks. I then kissed her hand, where the bandage was. "No problem." I said, smiling. All the boys "oohed" and I just ignored them. We both went back to our holes and started digging. Nothing much happened while digging. And mr sir filled the canteens today. Mom didn't say anything  about his nose, he just told me sir he tripped over a shovel. Mom was too scared of what knuckles would do to him if he told mr sir the truth. All we know, is that if he did, he wouldn't be seen again.
~Time skip🤠~
Me and knuckles finished our hole around the same time. She finished about 3 minutes before me and she waited. She was too sweet to people she cared about. Once I got done, she looked up at me and said, "I'll race you. But I'll make it fair this time" she said with a small smile. I can't believe I believed her. "Ok." I said with a confident smirk. As we got ready, she said "on the count of three. One, THREE!!!" And she took of running. I swear she's always got something up her sleeves. I soon ran after her and caught up pretty quick. Not that she was slow, but because of my long legs. It's a gift. When I caught up to her, I grabbed her waist and picked her up above my head, and then put her on my shoulders. I slowed down to a walk. "Dang it." She said, defeated. "Face it, I'm better." I said playfully with a smirk. "Nuh uh, you just have legs as long as a sky scraper. It's not fair. And that's why I get a head start" she said, proud of her thinking. "Oh yeahhhh" I said, laughing. She didn't reply, she just chuckled and started playing with my hair. I had no idea what she was doing, but I didn't mind. She seemed content. She also seemed very focused on her work. "I'm finished!" She said, smiling at her masterpiece. "Oh no" I said. I was genuinely worried about what I was going to see next. "No no it looks good!" She giggled. I sighed playfully as she hit my head. She almost felt weightless on my shoulders. "I wanna show you! Cmon!" She said, squirming in the slightest, hinting that she wanted down. I picked her up from her waist over my head and then put her on the ground gently. She grabbed my hand and said, "cmon lemme show you!!" We ran into the tent and she grabbed her mirror from her crate beside her bed. The couple of boys that were in the tent stared at me for a minute, and then bursted out laughing. She turned the mirror around, smiling proudly. I had a tiny man bun on the top of my head, with two little braids on the sides. I looked hilarious, but she was happy. "Do ya like it?" She asked, still smiling at her presentation. "Yep, it's definitely different." I laughed. "Wait, knuckles did that?!" X-Ray asked, laughing even more. "Yup." Knuckles said with a smile. She laughed "ok ok sit down. Lemme take it down." She said. She sat on my bunk, since it was the closest one. She patted the seat next to her. I sat down, and the she pressed my shoulders down, so she could reach. She still couldn't reach after I was slouched to the max, so I ended up with my head in her lap. I observed her carefully as she concentrated on my hair. "There you go" she said with a closed smile. "I like you better with your hair like this anyways" she whispered in my ear, and then ruffled my hair as she got up. I was falling. Free falling.
Just then the dinner bell rang, and we were off to dinner.
~another time skip?!🤠 TW-mention of abuse~
After dinner, I asked knuckles if she wanted to take a walk with me before bed. She agreed, and we met outside the mess hall after dinner. "Ready?" I asked, holding out my arm for her to take. "Ready." She said with a kind, genuine smile. I loved it when she smiled, it made me feel safe. We talked about nothing for what felt like hours. Just about life, and how we got here. I figured out that just before she got sent to camp, her mom went on a missionary trip for some kind of bible group, and they went to India for a year. While her mom was in India, she and her brother had to stay with her abusive uncle. She told me how one time he'd come back from the bar, and he was super drunk. She told him something he didn't wanna hear, and he slit her stomach. She showed me all the scars and bruises that were still there from that trip. I felt so bad that she had to stay with him for a year. Who would do that?! By the end of the walk, we were both tired and ready for bed. "Thanks for taking me on this walk again." She said, smiling. "My pleasure. I enjoyed it." I said, returning the smile. And that's when we locked eyes. Neither of us moved. We just stood there staring for a moment. Until naturally, we both started to lean in. I felt the space between our lips close, and she slowly grabbed my hand. I rested my free hand on her hip, and she rested hers on my shoulder. It was a calm, gentle kiss, but it still meant everything to me. When we pulled away for air, we were both smiling. "So does this mean-" I started, she then cut me off "if you want." She said in a calm voice. It was official. She was my person, but we agreed to just let the others figure it out themselves. When we got ready for Bed, she was just about to climb up the bunk when I stopped her. "Sleep here tonight." I insisted. "She didn't argue. She just nodded her head and crawled in bed with me. We faced each other, and both my hands were wrapped around her waist. Instant butterflies "goodnight Ricky." She whispered. I kissed the top of her head. "Goodnight love." I whispered back. She cuddled her head into the side of my neck, and our feet were intertwined. We soon fell asleep next to eachother, and it was perfect.

So how'd y'all like it? I know I liked it 🤠 make sure to comment corrections ples!! Love youuu
Stay salty
Stay happy
Dig holes<33