23 - "Home"

The entrance onto the U-care facility was grandiose

The entrance onto the U-care facility was grandiose. An array of luxury cars of different brands and colors were spread on top the cobble stone. Faculty and staff presence were heavy outside, some peeking from the windows in the building to see what the show was about.

Lotus stood in a suit, looking dapper as usual. His feet were spread apart slightly, his two hands in his slack pockets. Bonnie had denied every visit, but finally on his day to be released when Lotus offered to come get him, Bonnie accepted.

Lotus was a little nervous, he didn't know what kind of man would come out those doors. It's been six months and a lot could happen in that time. Lotus didn't believe Bonnie was fully rehabilitated. He didn't think he ever would be, but hopefully this place had at least did something to help him navigate through life healthily. He told himself he would do the same.

Two workers came outside, standing on either side of Bonnie. Unlike the first day, nobody was holding onto him and dragging him into a building. He walked by himself as they just stood by his side. He had on a light jacket, some black denim jeans and Timberland boots.

Neither man made a move, as if trying to fill the other one out. Bonnie looked around not seeming moved by the display of showmanship. He had a few suitcases with him from all the things that had been delivered to him over the months. Bonnie stood two feet away from the kingpin and just stared. Lotus dropped him off while he was high on cocaine. In this moment he looked much better, he looked clean. He was a little skinner but other than that he still looked the same.

Bonnie smiled and stuck his hand out. The smile that came across Lotus's face was so pure. He took Bonnie's hand and they pulled each other in, rocking from side to side. The two were genuinely happy to see each other.

"I'm sorry..." Lotus whispered. He was sorry for everything Bonnie felt he didn't do as a brother and a friend.

There was so much Bonnie missed out on, but they were all things he didn't need to know. Nothing was important except being there for his best friend. The only thing that he may have to explain is why he let the Gray brothers go, but other than that he didn't want to bring any stress to his friend.

Lotus smiled, Bonnie was in the passenger seat of his Rolls-Royce Wraith. His suitcases in another car. The extra entourage was just to show out and bring his friend home in style. He knew it wouldn't be enough though and he was fine with that. He was willing and wanting to put in the work to get his friend back.

The ride was quiet, Bonnie just looking out the window. There was no tension, just peaceful silence, but Lotus knew he should have plenty to say. He just came out of rehab.

"So...how was it in there? You feel like U-care facility did it's job or is it trash?" He said glancing at him for a second before putting his eyes back on the road.

He didn't want Bonnie to feel like he had to lie and say the place was good just because he spent a lot of money. His state of mind came first and if he felt like the place hadn't helped, then they would look for alternatives.

Her Eyes 4On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara