Chapter 10: New Members

Bell got past his hangover the next day, but had a late start, so he skipped going to the dungeon. Like before, he was in another armor shop looking for a suitable set for him, but nothing he saw looked like a good match for him.

Bell: (Seriously, is there nothing here?)

His endless search eventually found a set of light armor in a box far away and out of sight from several others.

Bell: (This looks promising. Pyonkichi?)

Reading that name, Bell felt slightly offended but also amazed at how well the set looked to suit him. The whole design complemented his fighting style perfectly. Finally getting what he needed, he went to the front desk where the clerk was arguing with a red haired man about something.

Clerk: Sir, please...

???: I work my ass off to make these armor sets and I can't even get a decent place for them? Everytime I look my work is always somewhere no one will bother to look!

The clerk sighed and looked at Bell who had a box in his hands.

Clerk: Hello sir, can I help you?

Bell: Yeah, I'd like to purchase this Welf Crozzo set.

The two looked at each other before the clerk turned to the man who had a bright smile on his face.

???: Ha! I told you I have people who buy my stuff!!

Bell stared at him in confusion as the man introduced himself.

Welf: Name's Welf Crozzo. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Bell: I'm Bell. You made this armor?

Welf: Sure did! If your interested, I'd like to talk to you more outside.

Bell: Sure!

He quickly bought the set and found Welf sitting on a bench.

Welf: So, what do you think?

Bell: It looks great! I've been looking for a set like this for a while now!

Welf: Well, how would you like to form a contract with me.

Bell: ? *Tilts head*

Welf: I'll give you discounts on commissions you have for me and will be your personal blacksmith.

Bell: That's awfully convenient, but what's the catch?

Welf: If it isn't a bother, I'd like to join your adventuring party.

Bell took a moment to process before his face brightened.

Bell: Really, that's all? Sure, you'd be a big help, Mr. Crozzo!

Welf: Thanks, but just Welf will be fine. Not a fan of formalities like that.

Bell: Okay, I look forward to working with you, Welf.

Welf: Same here!

They shook hands before splitting for the day.

Welf: You got plans to head to the dungeon tomorrow?

Bell: Yeah! I've got less to worry about now that I have this.

Welf: Cool. I'll meet you by the fountain tomorrow then.

Bell: Right!

With that, they went their separate ways and Bell returned home. When he arrived, he showed everyone his new armor.

Hestia: Wow, that looks great on you!

Artemis: I agree. You certainly lucked out with that one.

Bell: I can finally go in the dungeon seriously now. Speaking of which, Emma, Primo, we've got a new member joining us tomorrow.