Chapter 3: The Legend They Feared

The following morning, Bell went downstairs but as he was an early bird, most of the girls were still asleep. The sun wasn't even out yet, but Bell decided to start his day. He was still in his morning mode so he went to the kitchen and started to make food. It was after making a lot of plates that he realized where he was.

Bell: (Oh right, I'm not at the orphanage anymore...)

He laughed to himself as he remembered he was at the Hostess. Then he realized a bigger problem, that is he used up a decent amount of food for breakfast and never said anything about it.

Bell: I guess I'll leave it here for everyone to eat.

He did just that, he ate his which was just a simple meal of eggs and some pancakes he made. After eating, he heard some footsteps coming down the stairs. He looked and saw Mia coming down.

Mia: The hell's going on here? I smell food from the kitchen.

Bell: Ah, sorry about that. I'm used to waking up early and making breakfast for kids at the orphanage I used to live in before coming here. I guess I haven't broken that habit yet.

Mia: Hmm.

She tasted some of the food and her eyes widened. The dwarf was impressed by the boy's cooking and gave him an offer.

Mia: Gotta say, this stuff's pretty good. Why not work for me while you look for a familia to join?

Bell: I'm flattered, but I don't know. After last night, I wouldn't want to trouble you or your business.

Mia: You still need money don't you? It'll only be for a little bit, can't lose a potential customer or employee like you now can I?

Bell wondered if it was a good idea, he did enjoy his time here, as brief as it was. He ultimately decided to accept her offer, but would look for a god quickly so he didn't bother them too long. The dwarf was happy to know the boy would stick around and gave him a thumbs up. It was a few minutes later when the sun was just starting to come up and everyone was waking up. They came down one by one and noticed the smell in the pub.

Alise: Mmm, something smells good.

Lunoire: Did Mama Mia make us breakfast?

Ryuu: That does not sound like her.

They went down and saw all the food waiting for someone to eat it. Alise was about to dig in before Kaguya stopped her.

Kaguya: You idiot, don't just grab it! Who knows what she would do to us if we just ate it!

Alise: Come on, I'm starving here.

Their doubts were put to rest when Mia came.

Mia: Relax, I didn't make it, you girls are free to eat it before getting to work.

Alise: Woohoo!

She along with the rest of them began eating. After their first bite, they were amazed at the taste of the food.

Anya: Nya! Who made this?!

May: This is as good as my food!

Kaguya: I could eat this everyday.

Chloe: Mama, who cooked the food?

Mia: The newbie who'll be working with us starting today.

Lunoire: We have someone joining us?

Mia: Yes, that boy from last night. He'll be helping us for a while.

Alise: Sweet, I've been wanting to ask him about his fight.