Chaper 1 - Impostor

Lucy P.O.V.

Taking a job that could last a month may not have been the best idea. Erza, Gray, the dragonslayers, the cats, and I were all going on this job.

I sighed heavily. I knew Natsu would get his usual motion sickness. Grabbing my suitcase and celestial keys, I ran out of my apartment and towards the train station. Not knowing how long this job could last, I probably packed more than enough clothes. I also had snacks and such for the ride.

I got to the train station and had some time to spare so I summoned Loke. "It's good to see you again, my starry angel." I shook my head and pulled out a deck of cards. We played Go Fish until he returned to the Celestial Spirit World. I rested my head on the back of the bench and closed my eyes, breathing in the crisp autumn air.

"Luuccy," someone whispered eerily in my ear. My eyes flew open and I sat up straight. I whipped my head around so fast I thought I heard a bone crack. Seeing the blue fur made me want to throw it onto the track when the train comes.

"It's only you," I muttered. Happy started giggling. "What's so funny?" I asked. Happy's face was turning purple.

"You looked so scared!" Happy squealed. He burst out laughing and held his stomach. I clenched my fists and hit him on the head. "Ow, ow, ow," he pouted as he held the bump that swelled on his head. "Anyway, the others are almost here," he said with a voice tainted with anger. A small idea popped into my head.

"Hey, Happy, do you want to play a trick on the others?" I asked. All signs of pain vanished from his eyes as he shot into the air.

"Aye, Sir!"

I pulled out a key. "Open, Gate of The Twins, Gemini!" The two twins popped up and floated in the air. I looked at them very seriously. "Could you transform into me with the outfit I'm wearing?" I asked.

"Sure!" They answered cheerfully. There was a puff of smoke and then there was another me. "Is this okay?" Gemini asked.

"Perfect," I answered. "Happy, go keep an eye out for the others from the sky."

"Aye!"

"Here's the plan: You and I will step out and confuse them. Since you can mimic everything, they won't have a clue. We'll keep up the charade until they figure it out or when you need to go back," I explained.

Happy flew down to us. "Their coming!" He whispered.

"Go, Gemini," I ordered. The others were within earshot. I turned to Happy and we both nodded.

We saw Natsu and Gray fighting and Erza yelled at them, "Enough!" The two wizards separated and then saw me. I ran up to them and waved.

"Hey, Natsu!" He looked at me and smiled widely.

"Hey, Happy! Hey, Luce!"

At the sound of my name, Gemini slid out from an alley to my left. "That isn't the real Lucy!" they yelled. Everyone turned to face the other Lucy.

"What are you talking about? Of course I'm the real Lucy!" I argued. Gemini stepped forward, standing defiantly in between me and the group.

Wendy stood still, stunned. "Their magic feels the same so I can't tell which one is real."

"That'd be a nice magic to have. Could use it for infiltrations of guilds," Gajeel observed out loud.

"Is now really a good time to be thinking of that?" Wendy scolded.

Gemini shouldered past Gray to Natsu. I didn't finch but I did wonder. What did they have in mind? As if to answer my question, Gemini slipped a hand on Natsu's shoulder and used the other to trace his jawline. "Obviously I'm the real Lucy. Right, Natsu?"

I blushed madly. "I never knew you felt that way about Natsu, Lucy..." Erza trailed off as the witnessed the scene in front of her.

Natsu looked at Gemini, puzzled. "Did you have something to drink this morning?" I stomped past a dazed Erza and ripped Gemini away from Natsu.

"That's going a little to far, my copy cat friend! You can go back now!"

Gemini giggled before vanishing in a cloud of white light. My gaze fell to the others who just stood there, dumbfounded. I glanced at Happy who was suppressing snickers. I hit him on the head again as he flopped to the ground, rolling with laughter. I stared daggers at the exceed with a red face, willing my face to burn him or my eyes to pierce him.

Gray cleared his throat, and Erza shook her head as if to clear her mind. "Right, we've wasted about fifteen minutes. We still have some time to kill. Any suggestions?" Gray nudged Natsu in the arm with an elbow.

"Maybe Lucy could summon Gemini again." He looked at him and pumped his eyebrows. Natsu stuck out his tongue in disgust.

"I don't want to deal with a half drunken Lucy again!" he hollered.

I clenched my fists. "And I don't want to waste my magic for something like that!" Erza walked up and stood in front of me. Tears were welling up in her eyes. I gave her a puzzled look. "Erza, what's wrong? You look like you're about to cry." She pulled me into a hug.

"I'm just so proud of you!" She wailed. "Wanting to conserve your magic energy instead of using it on the boys!"

She burst into tears again then I pulled away from her embrace. She pulled me back in and she my head against her armor. "Ow!" I screeched. I backed away from Erza and then a wave of pain shot up my spine. I fell to the ground and everything went black.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

MAJOR EDITS!!