Chapter 1: Discord

Subaru POV:

Subaru: Thanks guys for watching! See you next time!
Chat: Bye-bye! Shuba shuba!

I stretched my arms backwards as I leaned back on my chair. It was getting late but I didn't want to sleep just yet. Oh! I know what to do. I decided to go undercover on discord and maybe join some fan servers. Chat is always telling me that those fan servers are cursed so let's see what that's all about.

I created my name and account.

Subaru: ShubaDuck18... Not bad.

With this username I look like a fan. I decided to join this one server with around 100 members only.
(Note: underlined will mean chat text)

ShubaDuck18: Hello everyone!

SovietOnion: Ah a new member. Hello and welcome ShubaDuck!

MatchaPuffSickle: Oh a new member eh. Hello 👋

zPuddle:  We haven't had a new member in a while. Welcome SubaDuck! I am the owner of this server and I hope you enjoy your stay. We are currently holding a Subaru fan art contest, come to the fan art channel if you are interested!

Wow everyone is so nice here, also a fan art contest of myself? I would love to see that. I quickly clicked the fan art channel to be bombarded with lots of... questionable fan art of myself.
"Shuba!" I said out loud in shock. That is a lot. However, there were a lot of good wholesome ones too. We could vote using reactions for the winner.

The votes were over and the best fan art was this:

(https://twitter.com/kc9s_2/status/1498251633884549120?t=w4vQQTPkkEp9e-VLkqZ-jw&s=19)

Turns out the owner zPuddle was the one who drew that.
Subaru: Man he is talented. This looks so good!
I am amazed by their skill to draw me. I might use it for a future stream.

Y/n POV:

I was overseeing the fan art contest when the votes came in and I found out I won.
Y/n: Wait what?
I said to myself
Y/n: Guess that 10$ steam gift card I bought is going to me.
That fan art took forever though so I'm glad it was worth it. Everyone was congratulating me in the chat but the I got I DM from ShubaDuck.

ShubaDuck18: Hello! I really loved your fan art. It looks so cute!

zPuddle: Thanks! I spent a long time making it, glad people can see how hard I worked on it. How is the server so far?

ShubaDuck18: It's very fun! Everyone is so nice and kind, different from what I thought it would be. But then again there were a lot of questionable fan art of mys- I mean Subaru.

zPuddle: Yeah, if you don't like those just steer clear of them.

This ShubaDuck person is really nice, glad they could feel at ease in my server even if the members can get a bit chaotic at times. I talked with them for a long time and I mentioned on how I was the one who drew Subaru's profile pic on Twitter.

ShubaDuck18: Wait you're @pz8_ (not a real person) on Twitter?! I love your art.

zPuddle: Thanks, I have been drawing for most of my life so it's nice to see a big person notice me like Subaru.

We then talked about other things such as music and hololive and I feel like I have a genuine connection with this person. It was getting late so we both called it a night. Hopefully we can talk more tomorrow is what I thought while laying in bed.
.
.
.
.
.
-End-
A/n : Yo, how was the first chapter? If you want to give me some advice on how to improve it feel free to do so! This is one of my first fan fics after all. I will try to update weekly or at least regularly so stay tuned for that!

Peace!