Wild Goose Chase

Chapter Twenty-Seven:

"Stop it already," I said, getting annoyed.

"But I'm really sorry," she told me.

"Me too," he said.

"I just got so jealous and we aren't really dating. Hell, we're just best friends. We tried the dating thing and it didn't work," she confessed. I dropped my fork and gawked at her, like she had just shown me a third nipple or something.

"Are you effin' kidding me," I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, sorry. She does that a lot and usually the girls bolt right out of here thinking she's my girlfriend, but you are the first to stay and deal with it. She's usually just joking, but you fought back and she let her anger out," Keanu told me. I had already pulled out my cellphone. I wasn't going to stay in this nuthouse another night.

Hell to the no.

It rang twice before Sebastian answered.

"Hey, how are you doing," he asked me.

"Have you lost your damn mind, Bastian," I yelled at him.

"What's wrong," he asked.

"This nut job has a nutcase for a best friend, that's what's wrong," I told him. I heard them protest my references to them, but I ignored them.

"I need to have my own place. I can't intrude on anyone anymore. You have your psycho girlfriend and this piece of work has his girlfriend-like best friend. I'm in need of some normality. I need my own space and time to myself."

"You know we can't do that," he told me, solemnly.

"I'm not going to stay here another night," I told him.

"Jesus, you are perfectly safe with me," Keanu said, aggravated. "So Aly scared you a little bit. Boo hoo. Get over it. Let me talk to him," he continued and tried to take the phone away from me. I grabbed his finger and twisted it. He fell to his knees and then I kneed him in the chest, holding back a lot, of course. He went down and Aly went to his aid.

"Don't touch my things," I told him.

"What just happened, Raven," Bastian asked me.

"Why in the hell did you knee him," Aly yelled.

"Really? You come barging into the room ranting and raving like a jealous girlfriend when you're not dating him and I'm the crazy one? You are both insane. I'm out of here," I said and got up. As I stood, I remembered something. Something very important.

"I can see your tight ass, Raven. Funny because I don't see a stick up there," muttered Keanu, from where he lay on the floor. I ran out of the kitchen with my cheeks flushed. I was lucky to have been turned away from him. I needed my shorts and I would be out of here.

"Raven, stay there. I mean it," Bastian ordered.

"Sorry, cupcake, but you save your orders for your psycho girlfriend," I told him and hung up.

He was doing a shitty job of protecting me anyway. I found my shorts and pulled them on. I pulled on my bra, just to have some sort of support. I needed clothes and fast. I decided that going shopping was my best bet and then I would just rent a hotel room until I decided what to do. I grabbed my dirty clothes and my purse and walked to the front door. I heard Aly fussing over her friend as he tried to get up to stop me. I knew that Sebastian would yell at him for letting me leave, but I didn't care.

I got in my car and headed downtown to do some much needed shopping.

~~~~~

I hated this. I would buy a bunch of things and then be forced to put them in my car. The trunk was now packed with boxes and bags. I really needed to by some deodorant and makeup. I felt so naked as I walked around without my wig or contacts. I luckily had shades to obscure my view of the ogling people, but that didn't stop some of them from recognizing me. I decided to call it quits after I found a wig shop and made a purchase. I could do the rest of my shopping later.