Singing On The West Coast

Chapter Nine:

"Got ten minutes, Raven," said a stage hand with a headset on and clipboard in hand. I nodded my head and then turned to look at myself in the mirror.

I now had blue contacts in my eyes and they had put blue extensions in my hair. I was wearing a blue and black corset with skin tight black leggings and combat boots. The corset wasn't so tight that I couldn't sing but it sure did push my boobs up to give me a huge amount of cleavage. I walked out of the dressing room and looked for the band. I liked to talk to them before every show in case some of us were a little nervous.

"Hey guys," I said as they were walking up to me.

"Looking for us?" they asked. I nodded.

"Okay, so are you as nervous as I am," I asked.

"Well, if you sing it wrong then they, our devoted fans will know, but we can miss a note and we get lost in the other two," Eric said.

"Thanks, Eric, you are always so helpful," I said with a frown.

"You will do fine. The fans love you and are very supportive no matter what. You are good at what you do and we all know it," Gage said with his hands on my shoulder.

"Now, that's a pep talk," I breathed out, trying to shake this anxious feeling.

~~

We saw the opening band walk off the stage and then we were introduced. We took our places and I pulled the microphone up to my lips and said my greeting to the city we were in before I introduced our first song.

"Okay guys, this is a new song and it is kind of sad. It's called Let Down," I said and then the guys started to play the melody.

"I sit at the window and watch the rain fall.

And just think about things, things big or small.

But mostly I wonder how it came to be.

That I'm living this life without him beside me.

I just sit and reminisce of all the times that we kissed.

All the smiled that we shared and the secrets I bared.

I'm missing you smiled and missing your touch.

Haven't seen you in a while. I'm still feeling so much.

You were my everything but I was treated like nothing.

You were my king. I, your siren, born to sing.

You hear my voice and I rejoice.

Thinking you'll come back to me and we can be happy.

I want this to be, but it's not true.

I am just me and you are still you.

If only you'll say, those three words, I pray.

But you're not with me and for that I'm sorry."

We went on to sing some of our chart toppers, like our cover of 'Sweet Angel', 'Low Down & Dirty', 'It's What She's Wants' and 'Ache'. After the concert was over, we did our usual meet and greet and signed autographs. I smiled and posed for pictures with Sebastian keeping a watchful eye out for any suspicious characters and Bernard.

This was the non-stop routine for the entire month of the tour. The boys would share a room and I would get one with Sebastain at the hotels. I wasn't too happy to never have any privacy but this was for my safety and I would have to suck it up. I had my source of entertainment and music, my iPod and my phone, and he would either talk on the phone to whoever made him laugh so much or would pull out 'Twilight' and read that. He was slow going on that book. It took him two weeks into the tour to finish it.