It Will Always Lead To A Web of Lies

Chapter Twenty-Three:

Jaxon's POV:

I was trying to forget about her and so I was going out. Sure it was with one of the actresses that worked under me. She was cute and her father, who also worked for me, had suggested we date. I decided that since Raven had a boyfriend, the best way to get her off my mind was to go out with someone else. So, I had been going out with Emily. She was sweet and polite and she was always trying to please me. It was refreshing.

I sat at the coffee shop waiting for her as the stupid talk show was on the TV. I wasn't too interested in it.

"Hey, can you turn it up," someone asked the barista. Please, say no.

"Sure thing," said the barista and turned up the volume. I sighed.

"And next up we have the band, Venus Sways. What secrets will we dig up? Is the leader singer, Venus, dating one of the band members or does she have a secret boyfriend? Find out after the commercial break," said the gossip talk show host. I swear that woman irritates me. Always bugging me about my personal life.

I watched the show, which was being shot live, and got really angry to find out that Raven had been attacked. Why hadn't she told me? Was that why she had moved in with Sebastian? I should have been more of a friend to her.

"Hey, Jay, what's wrong," Emily asked, as she sat down. I sighed and pasted on a smile.

"Nothing, it is just terrible about what happened to Venus," I told her, motioning to the TV.

"Oh, yeah, I set that episode to record. I love Amelia's show, she ALWAYS digs up the good celebrity dirt," Emily said, excitedly.

"So, what did you want to tell me," I asked her.

"Oh, right. This friend of mine gave me these two tickets to this club's grand opening tonight. I was thinking maybe you could come with me," she asked.

"Sounds good," I told her. I hadn't gone out with a girl to the club in a while.

*********

Raven's POV:

I got home to a note. Yes, my bodyguard, who gets paid to guard me at all times, had left me a note. I couldn't believe that I hadn't told Tanya anything about this, but he hadn't been charging me rent or anything, even so, I did buy the groceries that he cooked. Free food tends to be enough motivation for this guy to slave over the stove for me, of which I am immensely grateful. I sighed as I walked over to the table and picked up the note.

Going out with Jo, she insisted that we hang out at this really popular club, Vengeance. I hope to see you and the birthday girl there later. (In other words, I'll see you there at about 10:30 or 11p.m. or I will go and find you.) Have fun and try not to get into trouble.

Bastian

How charming?

I sighed again and went to my room to get dressed. I looked at the outfit, or should I say outfits, laid out for me. She had left me instructions. I took a quick shower, before I got ready. I honestly felt like a damn stripper as I put on the tight shorts (I wasn't sure of the material, but it was like a second skin, it was so tight and smooth) and sexy corset on over the thong and bra, she had also set out for me. I pulled on the pencil skirt and the white button up blouse. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked like a secretary. I pulled on the jacket and returned to my reflection.

Yup, definitely a secretary.

I did my makeup and tried to stay modest to play up the 'costume' and put on some grey contacts and the glasses that she had left me. They made me look like a business woman. I pulled on a pair of black pumps. I put some more make up into a bag, along with another pair of heels that would better match my hidden outfit. I put a scarlet wig in the bag as well as my cell phone. I looked at myself and decided to put my hair in a neat bun. I hoped I wouldn't regret letting Izzy dress me. Pulled back my hair looked pitch black, instead of its normal chocolate brown. Weird. I went to my car and drove to Izzy's apartment.