23) 1+1=3

DeMar's Pov

The ride back to the house was silent. Ever since we came out the hospital there was an awkward silence. She was 9 weeks pregnant. I noticed her little pudge before but I thought it was from eating good. I didn't think she was pregnant let alone 9 weeks. I guess we're both shocked. As we pulled up to her family's house, I parked and shut off the car.

"Don't mention it to anyone." Was all she said to me. I watched her get out and head straight to the backyard where music was still playing. I let out a deep sigh and went towards the back as well. To my surprise De'arra was laughing and talking to her family like nothing happened. I just shook my head, still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I'm gonna be a dad.

"Yo D, come play some cards." Her cousin Damian called out to me. I went over as they dealt me in. I kept sneaking glances at De'arra who wasn't too far from me. She had this nervous look on her face that was so obvious to me but the way she hid it from everyone else was immaculate.

After several rounds of cards and a ton of beers and shots I was a little tipsy but I cut myself off, not wanting to be drunk at her family's house, let alone it being my first time there. I kept sending her texts asking her to come talk to me or if she was ok but she would just look at them and not reply.

I sent her one last text and if she wasn't gonna reply then I'm not gonna try anymore.

Stop ignoring me. I want to talk about it.

As I hit send, she looked at the message then at me. She then got up and went into the house with one of her cousins. That's it, I'm done asking. I told the guys I was done playing then told everyone goodnight and headed up to the room. I saw her already in there sitting on the floor. I walked right past her and took out a t-shirt, boxers and long sweats out my duffle bag and went straight to the bathroom to shower. I was really irritated that she wouldn't even open her mouth and talk to me about our kid or how she's feeling or ask me am I excited. Nothing. I hate that way about her.

The Next Morning

I sat at the edge of the bed frustrated, we still haven't spoken or addressed the elephant in the room. I had enough.

"Princess let's talk about it please. It's eating me alive that we have not discussed you being pregnant. I want to know where your head is at. Stop shutting me out." I pleaded with her.

"Gosh DeMar, give me a second to process it."

"Why do you need a second, we coulda been had this discussion and be done with it. What do you need a second for?" I tried to keep my voice down but I was getting heated.

"I don't know if I'm ready for a kid."

"So what are you saying? You not keeping it?"

"I'm not ready for a ki-"

"YES OR NO DE'ARRA!" I slightly yelled.

"I can't keep it." I was taken aback by her answer. My nostrils flared as I watched her wipe tears from her face.

"So what you gonna get an abortion?"

"Yes."

Without answering, I took my duffle bag and packed all my stuff. I had to leave. I couldn't stand to be in the same room with her. How could she?

"You said you weren't ready for a child anyway."

"I wasn't, until I met you."
"Please don't do it De'arra."