9) Liquid Courage

DeMar's Pov

The party was lit as fuck and we just got here. I was hanging with some of my team mates and friends, sipping on some Hennessey. De'arra wasn't too far from me, she was hanging with a long time friend she ran into tonight. She was so happy to see her and I was happy to see her happy.

"Yo, is that the girl you been talking bout?" Kyle asked looking in her direction.

I chuckled "yea, that's me."

"You did good, I've never seen you in love before, you always so mean." Kyle joked.

"Man shut up" I said as I kept looking at De'arra.

"Dude blink. You got your eyes glued on her." Kyle said as he sipped from his cup.

"I'm just tryna make sure she ok." And with that Kyle held his hands up in surrender and continued to drink.

About an hour or so passed and I walked over to check on De'arra every now and again to see how she was doing. She was having fun with her friend and my friend's girlfriends. I noticed they were taking a lot of shots too, including De'arra. The boys and I were still hanging close to them in case anything were to happen.

"Damn, they hitting that Hennessey harder than us." Said one of my team mates.

"I know they must be fucked up by now." I said as I watched De'arra take her millionth shot. I was tipsy but still good enough to drive so I wasn't worried. As if on cue, all the girls got up and left leaving all the guys confused.

"What the fuck just happened?" asked a drunken Kyle.

"I have no clue." I said as I tried to see where they were going.

De'arra so happened to text me "We're going to the bathroom." I informed the guys and we went back to partying.

At this point I stopped drinking and just let the alcohol do its thing. I sat down singing along to the music. I was feeling real good. De'arra made her way towards me as she looked me in my eyes and sat on my lap.

"You good?" I asked. She nodded her head and began to sway to the music.

She got up held her hand out to me telling me to get up and I did. She wrapped her hands around my waist and swayed to the love song that was playing.

"Baby?" She said as she looked up at me with hooded eyes.

"Yeah?"

"You so tall. I can't even wrap my hands around your neck." She giggled.

"Since when does my height become a problem?" I joked.

"Gimme a kiss." She pouted.

I pecked her lips three times and her forehead once.

"No, I want you to kiss me like we did in the bathroom."

I tensed up as she had that look of lust in her eyes.

"Not here."

"Ok-

"Yo, Demar, we leaving, it's getting late." A voice interrupted us.

Checking my watch I saw it was 2:36 and I decided to leave as well. De'arra said goodbye to the girls and I dapped up the guys as we all went our separate ways. De'arra kept staring at me on the way back home. Playing with my hand, kissing my cheek and anytime we stopped at a red light she would kiss me on the lips. She got a lot braver with alcohol in her.

As we got home, I helped her to my room and let her handle her business and I went to the guest room to shower. I took a cool bath then went to check on her. She was still showering so I went to downstairs to the kitchen to get some water for the both of us and left hers on the dresser.