6) You Been On My Mind

De'arra's Pov

9:36 a.m.

So tired. I have so much to do with so little time. Why did I have to be little miss chatterbox. That's what I get. But I must say it was worth it but at the same time it wasn't. I have to do a vlog, two product post, a live giveaway, edit a video and I have a meeting at 2:00. If I had gotten up early I would've been half way done but woe is me.

As I got off my bed and went to brush my teeth, I thought I should do a short vlog on how I pick out my outfits because for everything I have to do today I need to change outfits so yea kill two birds with one stone. After I finished brushing my teeth and showered I dried my skin and put on a robe. I then picked up my camera and started vlogging my closet, deciding what my outfits are for the day and closing my vlog with a quick make up tutorial.

"Vlog, check." I said as I changed into a crop top and knee length bodycon skirt to promote this company's clothing brand. After a few pics and posting to my socials and making sure to tag the company, that's was done.

Next product post, this one was a make up palette that I made sure to use on face today to take some face shots. I just threw a denim jacket over my crop top since I was only showing my top half. I took four pics and posted the slide and following the same steps as the previous product.

"Ok just the live give away and then the meeting"

I checked the time on my phone 12:15 p.m. already. I hadn't even had breakfast and now I was gonna miss lunch too.

"Ok hurry up and go live, do the give away and have lunch right after." I said to my self.

I went to change into a spaghetti strap grey romper. It was nice and simple for a 15 minute IG live. I decided to change the way I had my hair so I put it in a messy bun. Doing one last mirror check my phone buzzed on the counter. It was DeMar:

'You Alive?'

I replied 'barely' and with that I got on live and began to do the random draw to announce the winner. I had the different participants name in a bowl and I had to randomly choose the winner. Simple. There were 15,000 viewers and the comments were going crazy. As I put my hand in and started mixing I saw someone in the comments say "am I bugging or is DeMar DeRozan watching this live too." another person said ' I thought it was me alone that saw that' then everyone was talking about it. When the commotion died down I announced the winner, thanked all who participated and ended the live without saving it cause I know people nosy as hell and will make something out of nothing.

"Finally!" I said with a sigh of relief. I only had one thing to do and that was to go to the meeting. I dont know how I did it but I did it. Now 12:33 and I finally had a little time to relax and gather myself so I undressed and put on some sweats and checked to see if DeMar texted back. He didn't and I did something I never thought I'd do, I video called him.

After 2 rings he answered. As soon as I saw him I smiled and so did he.

DeMar: What's Up? You good?

De'arra: I'm alright

DeMar: What you mean you alright, just 20 minutes ago you said you was barely alive. Oh, I know, you feeling better that you see me.

De'arra: Boy stop, if you must know I woke up late and I had a lot of stuff to do. I just finished and I haven't even had breakfast or lunch yet.

DeMar: Yea but you finished now so go eat

De'arra: Can't, I have a meeting at 2 and I have to drive.

DeMar: I feel bad for keeping you up late, lunch on me.

De'arra: Its ok. You don't even know where I live anyway.

DeMar: We both live in California, how far could you be. I live in Atherton. Where you live?

De'arra: Silicon Valley

DeMar: That's 15 minutes from where I live, well less because I'm not home at the moment. So what do ya say?

I thought long and hard, should I say yes? I don't know what to say.

De'arra: Uhm, Idk, I have a meeti-

I got a text from my manager saying the meeting has been rescheduled. I was happy because I would've been like a zombie in that meeting.

DeMar: Something wrong?

De'arra: No that was my manager, the meetings' been rescheduled.

DeMar: Even better. So what do you say about lunch?

De'arra: OK but I have to get ready.

DeMar: What's wrong with what you're wearing? You like fine to me.

De'arra: I'm in sweats I can't go like this plus I don't even know where you're taking me.

DeMar: I'll decide when we link up. Dress comfortable and since you don't have to go to the meeting how bout I pick you up?

Makes sense but I don't know this man. Should I let him know where I live so soon. Demar is not a weirdo from what I've seen so what could possibly go wrong?

De'arra: OK gimme your number so I can send you my location.

He did as told and soon after hung up and headed her way leaving De'arra to find something to wear.