Roundup: March 2022

Current status and updates for all my active projects, both on and offline. For quick synopses of each of these books, check out my Wattpad info doc: it's linked in my profile bio and in the intro chapter of this book.

 For quick synopses of each of these books, check out my Wattpad info doc: it's linked in my profile bio and in the intro chapter of this book

Song of the Deep: Thank goodness for chapter buffers. I admit I haven't touched this one in a month aside from weekly editing for the chapter I post on Wednesdays. Fun facts: editing a chapter takes me almost as long as writing it! SotD's chapters average around 3k words when posted, but many are over 4k in rough-draft form. My editing process consists of cutting excess words, rearranging sentences for better flow, polishing character voices, and making sure all my plot points and foreshadowing are in order. All that takes about an hour and a half for a 4k rough chapter. Now you know why I'm often posting at absurd hours for someone who lives in Canada!

Can You Cook a Dragon (Flash Fiction Collection): Still on hold. With that said, I'm looking ahead to this spring (life updates below!) and will likely start another flash-fic challenge in May or June. Thirty new ficlets are on the horizon.

Thistle in the Sky: Yes, I said I would update this weekly. Yes, I failed in this goal and am updating twice weekly instead. Yes, you have every right to ask me what the #$%&@? I'm doing 😂 The short explanation is, I realized I needed deadlines more than usual this month, and that this novella would not get written in a timely manner if I didn't impose those on myself. All that to say, this book is at 10k/35k words, updating on Wednesdays and Fridays, and on track for completion by the ONC final deadline even though I never ended up entering it in the ONC. N/ONC HYPE SQUAD!

As the Crow Falls: Just casually sitting on my hands to keep myself from editing and posting this one before I have the time to do it justice, no big deal

As the Crow Falls: Just casually sitting on my hands to keep myself from editing and posting this one before I have the time to do it justice, no big deal. Thanks to life updates, I'm now hoping to dedicate the first half of May to this editing, for a mid- to late-May launch. Now I just need a cover...

Rocks Can Dance: Still paused at 70k offline. I promise I don't drop books—never have, never will. However, my plate is full right now and I plan to dedicate the second half of April (after school finishes) to Song of the Deep to build back my buffer, so this one will stay paused for a little while longer. This summer, all bets are off.