Looks just like the one Roderick smashed, but in gold.

"Where'd you get that hoodie?" I asked, changing the subject.

She looked down at the red hoodie she was wearing. Her eyes widened and she shrugged while stuffing her hands inside of the pocket.

"You gave it to me," she said.

"I never gave you any of my clothes," I replied. "And I know for sure that I left that hoodie in my closet when I packed."

When she didn't answer, I grew more frustrated.

"How did you get it?" I questioned. "Did you go into my house?"

Mindlessly I had stepped toward her and invaded her personal space. I was already angry with her, and it seemed everything little thing she did was making me incredibly agitated.

"No," she said. "I didn't."

My brows furrowed and I stepped back away from her.

What scared me most was that even though she looked me in the eyes, I could not tell if she was lying.

With demons and angels, they could conceal if they were being dishonest with me. But humans had no chance.

I stepped closer to Emma to examine her eyes.

"Why can't I..."

"Is everything all right in here?"

We whipped our heads to see my mother standing near the door. The tension in the air was thick as she glanced back and forth between me and Emma.

"Everything is great," I rolled my eyes.

She cleared her throat and smiled at Emma.

"I just wanted to let you know that dinner is ready," she said. "Come eat while it's hot."

She left promptly and Emma took the opportunity to grab my hand and lead me out the door.

"Let's go, I'm starving."

She pulled me down the stairs and into the dining room. When I had the chance I yanked my hand away from her and sat down at the end of the table.

Celia and Marcus sat in front of me and did not acknowledge my presence once.

The twins came in from the kitchen with containers of food in their hands. They set them down on the table, and it was then I noticed how they were both wearing sunglasses.

Mallory, Khalil, and my mother came into the dining room a few minutes later and everyone took their respective seats at the table.

Before I could contest, Emma sat jovially next to me and eyed the food in hunger.

"This seat is taken," I sneered.

She whipped her head around and scanned the dining room table.

"By who?" she asked slyly. "I don't see anyone else that wants this seat."