Epilogue

Luci
: remember me (umi)

Seven Years Later

"Are you sure you want to go through with this?"Celia asked.

I tossed her an item of clothing to put into the "no-pile" as I packed my suitcase. Today was the day before the day. I refrained from scoffing at her ridiculous question and continued placing the clothes neatly into my bag.

"Don't ask stupid questions," I said. "And you should be packing too."

Her brows furrowed, and I rolled my eyes while zipping my bag angrily.

"You didn't seriously think I would leave without you?" I asked.

"You want me to come with you?" she asked.

"Don't make me repeat myself, Celia, and- my goodness, you're crying?"

Tears brimmed and slid down her cheek as she ran over to engulf me in a tight hug. I froze up against her and carefully removed her from my body.

"Sorry," she apologized. "I forgot you don't like to be touched."

I grimaced and straightened out my top.

"You've had seven years to remember that," I said. "Now go on and pack. You can pick some of my clothes from the no-pile."

She grinned from ear to ear and started admiring the tops I had discarded to the floor.

Our friendship has changed in the last seven years. Celia and I were closer than ever, but she was more of my employee than my friend. Due to my position as Lucifer's second, she could not be as informal with me as she used to be.

I took a deep breath and walked to my vanity mirror. I tried not to stare too long at the mirror during my time here, but as the day to leave grew closer, I frequently checked my appearance.

"You are stunning, Luci," Celia hummed. "Everyone here knows that you are the prettiest demon to set foot in this place. Not even the succubi could hold a candle to you."

My hands gently touched my finger coils, and I took a deep breath.

I could not get anxious now.

I had not felt it since the day I came to Hell. It was a weak feeling that Lucifer said I had to eradicate.

"Anxiety is fear. Once someone can sense your fear, you have already lost."

"He will think you look beautiful, Lucille," Celia said.

I looked at her through my mirror and huffed under my breath. "If you're implying I'm insecure, you're wrong."

"I'm not implying that-"

"Because I'm very secure in my looks," I glared.

"Of course you are," she smiled and bowed reverently. "My apologies."

There was a glint in her eye that I didn't like. As if she was mocking me with a single look.