Neldë

✧ Misty Mountains Rise ✦

"That was truly helpful, Master Bofur." she glanced at Bofur out of the corner of her eyes. It was amusing to watch Bilbo, but the Dwarves all hid those expressions in them because of Anya. They didn't want to end up like in Bofur's situation, after all. On the first day of their meeting and the company was already terrified of their alleged champion.

When she held her palm up, hovering it just above Bilbo's head, a bluish hue glowed out it. It shocked the company, including Thorin. They all inclined closer to see one of the many acclaimed gifts of the White Sorceress. Kíli and Fíli both shared astonished peers.

Anya's healing skills were different from those with magical abilities or from the Elvish ones. She usually heals someone by absorbing their injury and transferring it to her own using energy, thus mentally experiencing the same pain without it physically manifesting on her body. However, the effect of the pain she experiences lies in how extreme the injury she's absorbing. Given that she was not affected by Bilbo's loss of consciousness, it was due to the fact that fainting merely does harm to oneself.

From his collapse, the poor Hobbit then immediately shot up in a sitting position, breathing sharply as he grasped his chest. "Have I gone unconscious?"

"Yes, you have. Can you stand up?" She held a hand to him, which he was hesitant to take.

"Y-Yes, thank you.

"Mithrandir, if you could fetch me a hot cup of tea, please. That would enliven Bilbo a bit." Anya graciously requested over her shoulder.

"Certainly." Gandalf walked his way to the pantry to fetch a cuppa tea.

"N-No, it's fine, I ca—"

"You'd feel a lot better if you sit down for a while." Anya pointed her nose to the living area.

"Yes, ma'am." The Hobbit quickly spoke in an undertone, following her behind. Bilbo couldn't really interject with her at the moment.

Every one of them did not expect to witness this side of an assassin. Let alone the most formidable one. According to what they knew in general, assassins are all bunch of heartless and cold killers, who preys relentlessly on whatever or whoever their bounty would be. Be that as it may, the White Sorceress can also be amiable and sympathetic to those who deserved it. Kíli, on the other hand, this new side of her caught his attention. Since they're going to be together for quite a while with the quest, he thought he'd try to get closer to her more than what he intended to do.

Gandalf returned with a cup of tea in his hands, earning 'thank yous' from both Anya and Bilbo. Bilbo also thanked Anya for her assistance. The three sat in silence as Bilbo sipped his tea. Anya sat on the opposite side of Bilbo, staring at the fireplace beside her, unaware of Kíli's constant vigilance on her on the other side of the room the whole moment.

The pair were patient enough to wait for him to adjust to his surroundings for a moment until Gandalf stood up and began pacing, clearly losing his composure bit by bit. Bilbo looked alarmingly at Gandalf, sensing his frustration.

"I'll be all right, let me just sit quietly for a moment." Bilbo wrapped his hands around the warmness of the mug.

"You've been sitting quietly for far too long." Gandalf huffed with hands on his waist. "Tell me; when did doilies and your mother's dishes become so important to you? I remember a young Hobbit who always was running off in search of Elves and the woods, who'd stay out late, come home after dark, trailing mud and twigs and fireflies. A young Hobbit who would have liked nothing better than to find out what was beyond the borders of the Shire. The world is not in your books and maps - it's out there."