■ 27: ice cream ■

───── No One's POV ─────

Yuna finds herself walking side by side with her usually squad as they exit the school halls in this fine Friday afternoon. She observes Ryujin, Yeji, Chaeryeong, and Lia talking with each other while Ki Chul looked down at her phone since she got a notification. As they step out of the school grounds, Yuna waits for...

"I'll get going, girls. I got something to handle" Ki Chul speaks up.

Yup. It basically has become a routine for the group to see Ki Chul excuse herself everyday, saying that she has something to do and that she didn't need any one of us to accompany her. What Yuna may have noticed though that the others didn't is that Ki Chul always heads to the school's parking lot.

"Alright, then. We'll see you on Monday. Stay safe." Ryujin said as she gives Ki Chul a hug before fully letting her go.

Once she was far enough, Ryujin turned to Yuna. "And I'm guessing you have to go, too?"

Yuna sheepishly smiled, which is enough to give her older friends an answer. She heard Lia heave a sigh. "I honestly don't know what's with you and Ki Chul leaving our group every now and then. But, I guess you should get going with whatever business you have. Just stay safe, okay? And be back at home by 6."

Yuna felt so grateful to hear that, especially from the eldest, making her offer them a group hug. They pulled away after a few seconds and officially bid their goodbyes to their maknae. Yuna then walked towards a certain secluded area in their school. 

You know what else has become a routine for Yuna? She has been seeing a certain person every Friday afternoon just because. They had to keep it a secret for now, especially with the situation they are in. That person is...

"Kai! Over here!"

Kai Kamal Huening. Ever since that one incident they had a few months ago (see chap. 10), they have established this agreement to secretly hang-out every Friday afternoon behind their friends' back, making them become closer. 

The moment Kai heard Yuna's whisper, he jogged up to her with a smile plastered in his face. "Hi. Am I late?"

"No, you aren't. I was just early. The unnies let me go easily this time" she chuckled.

"Ohh, its just, I'm not used to you being here first. I'm usually the early one here since my group just goes our separate ways."

"Where do they go to?" she curiously asked while tilting her head to the side, making her look cute in Kai's eyes.