001. "though I think I'll be laughed at if I said I was lonely"

Start from the beginning

Probably.

But whatever it was, she was sure that if was ever to be in his place, she would've just kick the bucket already. Even just thinking about it made her upper-arms weak and jelly because of how much work she would have to put in, and not to mention that even as she deposited all her belongings into her large trunk — a supposed trivial job to do — she felt as if she wanted to disappear right there and then.

Truly, she applauded Atlas for his commitment.

Kind of, anyway.

"Knock, knock, Lucia. Big brother coming in!"

"Nope! Big brother can stay outside," sang Lucia, shutting her trunk and wheeling around to face the owner of the voice with a bored expression. "You don't have to always mention when you're coming in, or exiting out. Knocking does it for you."

"Yeah, well, knocking doesn't indicates you exiting. So I'll stick with what I always do," he said with a wide grin that was curled on his lips so deviously that made it very hard for Lucia to fight back the urge to pull all his blonde hair out until he becomes bald.

With a deadpanning expression, Lucia pushed back the thought and crossed her arms over her chest. "Get out,"

"Oh c'mon, little sister. I was just joking!"

"If you have nothing important to say, Hugo, get out." Lucia said, cringing at his mocking words.

Hugo Beaumont, a boy whom possessed a charm that often makes Lucia wonder why she was even his sister in the first place until she remembered that, oh yeah, they weren't blood related thanks to his parents adopting her.

Ah, Lucia thought reminiscently of when Mr. and Mrs. Beaumont did not put all this weight in her shoulder and never treated her as the trophy daughter they so wanted.

But, it was also her fault for wanting to please, isn't it?

Hugo entered her room without an invitation and looked around at how plain it had become in just a short amount of time. "I can't believe it's that time of the year..." he mumbled.

"Yeah, well, can't do anything about that, right? It is apart of the law for me to go to school," said Lucia simply. Plus, then I can rest as myself...

"I still can't comprehend the fact that you're magical and all, and there's a school in Scotland just for that!" he said with jazz hands, sitting himself on top of her trunk. "It's so far too... Don't you miss me when you're out there, alone?"

She scrunched her nose and rolled her eyes. "Disgusting."

"I'll pretend like I didn't heard that..." murmured Hugo, rising from the trunk with a small smile. "Are you sure you don't want Mum to bring you to the station? I don't think he is responsible enough to take you to the station." He glared out of the window, eyes twitching as though he was imagining the person.

"That 'he' is your best friend, Hugo. You're talking about him as if he's your enemy or something," Lucia snorted, shaking her head.

"This is why I don't trust him with you, Lucia! You don't see how he looks at you, how he eyes you like he likes you — like he wants to eat you!"

"You're exaggerating. Again." Lucia said stonily.

"No, I'm not!" Hugo stressed, "I'm his best friend, which means I know him like the back of my hand. I have him wrap around my pinkie fingers, and I also have him wrap around my —"

"Stop right there," Lucia clamped her hand over his mouth with her brows furrowed, repulsed. "Don't even tell me what you're about to say," she said.

Hugo flailed his arms around, "See! He's tainted you already!"