T H I R T Y - S I X

Start from the beginning

Oliver snorts quietly. "You certainly did. Not after I made you work for it."

I laugh and roll onto my back, my eyes glancing up at the ceiling. "Oh you made me work super hard. Worth it though." I grin, tilting my head towards him.

"Maybe I gave in too easily," Oliver ponders for a second as he shuffles backwards slightly.

"Too easily?" I repeat.

Oliver smiles brightly at me which sends my stomach into a tsunami, I couldn't help but lean forward to cup his face. Brushing my thumb across his cheekbone and down to his plump lips.

"You couldn't have made me work any harder because you were already falling for me," I say smugly.

He rolls his eyes in my direction and I can't help but chuckle. "Maybe," he grumbles out.

I pull his body back into mine and place my face into the crook of his neck, peppering kisses across his collarbone and towards his shoulder. "You were smitten with me," I mumble into his skin.

Oliver laughs and shuffles between my hold, his legs colliding with my skins. "No," he says stubbornly.

My hands pinch the sides of his ribs and he jolts suddenly. "Admit it," I demand with a soft laugh.

He screams out, I knew that he hated being tickled but I'd do anything to hear that laugh.

"Fine!" Oliver yells with the biggest smile. "Stop, stop, okay? I was smitten."

I grin back at him and wrap my arms around his back, feeling the warmth of our skin against one another. "I knew it," I breathe into his skin.

Oliver settles into my arm and inhales deeply. "Can we stay in bed today?"

"All day?" I question. He hums and pulls back, our faces a few inches from each other. "Anything for you, baby."

PRESENT
SEPTEMBER 2021

Working at a bar certainly isn't my main goal in life but it helps pay for my rent and my bills which in turn allows me to be closer to Oliver

Working at a bar certainly isn't my main goal in life but it helps pay for my rent and my bills which in turn allows me to be closer to Oliver. We only lived twenty or so minutes from each other on the overground which made me happy, I could see him whenever I wanted. I just had to endure hours of drunk customers first.

It wasn't awful but it didn't challenge me, I wanted to be away drawing animations for stories, comics and games. The kind of job that stimulated my brain and my creative side, the side that I had lost whilst I was out in Australia.

I got good at bartending and neglected my talents for drawing. A part of me didn't even want to try, not when drawing reminded me so much of Oliver. No matter how hard I tried to push him to the back of my mind, I couldn't. So I couldn't draw.

But now I'm back in the UK and back with my gorgeous boyfriend, the idea of drawing didn't seem as daunting anymore. I certainly wanted to give it another go, desperate for another chance at working with companies that produce comics and other animated products.