"Getting up, Rell." Aijah spoke. He instantly recognized the hard edge to her voice and opened his eyes, turning to look at her. But as usual, Aijah's nonchalant face was unreadable.

Before she could get too lost in his dark, captivating eyes, she sat up, trying to get up from the bed. Rell pulled her back down, forcing her to face him again. "Speak Aijah. Now."

"What do you want me to say?" She irritatedly waved a hand around, clutching the duvet to her bare chest with the other hand.

"You regret it, don't you?" He stared into her eyes.

Aijah let out a sigh. She didn't know. It was obvious that her drunken brain clearly hadn't thought about the repercussions she would face after sleeping with Rell last night. "It's too early to tell." She muttered in response.

Rell turned his eyes to the ceiling. He knew this would be the outcome of last night. But in that moment, he didn't care. Every disappointment and turn down he's received from Aijah over the years became a blur, and his only focus was her in that moment.

"If you let this change anything between us, you'll regret it." He spoke, breaking the momentary silence. "I don't regret it. At all. We might've been drunk, but we're grown. Drunk minds only do the things that sober minds don't have the courage to do."

Aijah thought about his statement but immediately dismissed it. Sleeping with Rell was never on her agenda as of recently, and she was convinced last night was an in-the-moment type of thing. Clearly he didn't think the same.

"It's kind of hard for things to not to change between us, Latrell. We weren't even on speaking terms before last night. Are you saying you want to go back to that?" Aijah turned to look at him with her eyebrows raised. She wouldn't admit it out loud, but Rell's silent treatment broke her heart a little more every time she received it.

"Nah. It's hard as fuck to look at your beautiful ass face and not be able to approach you." Rell spoke thoroughly. Every time he's seen Aijah and considered speaking to her, he was reminded of the promise he made to himself to stay away. But he got weak in the knees every time he saw her.

Aijah tried her hardest not to blush at his words. She turned over on her back, staring up at the ceiling. She didn't know how to feel at all and Rell's words only added to that confusion.

"What are we gonna do? We can't just go on and act like this never happened. It definitely happened." Rell spoke up, bringing her out of her thoughts.

She groaned before speaking. "I don't know. I can't think about this right now." This conversation was adding to her headache and she didn't have the mental capacity to decide whether or not she regretted last night's actions or not.

Rell watched her slowly get up from the bed. She bent down and picked his shirt from last night up off the floor before sliding it on her naked body. He enjoyed the view of Aijah's naked body, with her tattoos on full display and her plump butt sitting up just right in her thong; but there was something more intimate about seeing her in his clothes.

Aijah trudged to the bathroom slowly, silently declaring that she'd never drink again. This hangover was by far the worst she's ever experienced — and Aijah was definitely a drinker who's had her fair share of hangovers. Her feet felt heavy and it felt like her head was going to fall clean off of her shoulders.