"call me, if you need anything" Harry presses a kiss to louis' forehead before standing up, tucking Louis in the covers and leaving the room.

he looks formal, and like he belongs to the royals, and while that surprises them , after his desire to stop wearing his suits , they greet him happy. they're all gathered around the table, food already laying waiting to be fed on, now that harry is a bit late.

"hello, dear, how did you sleep" Johanna notices Harry first , giving him a warm smile, a replica of the smile he had grown to love so much.

"wonderfully , thank you" Harry takes a seat where he usually sits and picks up his water glass, taking a few refreshing sips.

"where's Louis?"

the table stops motioning for a split second, all eyes immediately drifting to harry for answer. "he's not coming down this morning, uh'' he tries to rapidly think of an answer. "he's tired I think he's coming down with something." they all nod, finally continuing with their motions, the house erupting with the sound of silverware.

Louis doesn't come around until it was 2pm. he's dressed in his black suit and his hair is in a quiff, so formal but so gorgeous. he greets everyone on the way, trying his best to search for Harry , but instead, he's met up with Sam.

"are you alright?" Sam strokes louis' cheek, while it's a sweet gesture, comforting and reassuring, Louis gently brings his own hand to bring Sam's hand down.

"I'm fine, just felt tired this morning." he smiles. Sam nods, eyes running all over louis' face, until they stop on a certain place. Louis furrows his eyebrows In confusion when Sam raises his hands towards louis' shoulder, fumbling with the him of his shirt.

"what?" Louis finally asks, getting sick of the unwanted tension. Sam breathes, eyes turning black as a frown settles in his lips.

"a lovebite" Sam whispers, not a question nor and answer. louis' eyes widen in realization and slowly takes a step back, silently pleading for a way out of this.

"don't run away" Sam grips louis' wrist, grip tight and painful. Louis tries to free his wrist, a prisoner in Sam's hand but the latter just tightens his grip even more.

"who did that?" Sam grumbles, eyes staring into louis' eyes, teaching him a thousand words a minute. "none of your business" Louis spits venomously, eyes as sharp as a dagger.

"you are my business, Louis." Sam hisses as he takes a step closer, groaning in annoyance when Louis takes a step back.

"let him go"

they both snap their heads to where the deep drawl is coming from. it's Harry accompanied by his father, both looking livid as they reek power.

Sam immediately lets go of Louis wrist, allowing Louis to immediately walk to Harry's side, recoiling when Harry puts his arms around his waist as he whispers his worries into louis' ear, asking if he's okay.

"Sam, go to my office now" Des says, voice as cold as ice, as venomous as poison. Sam immediately scurries away, leaving Harry with Louis In his arms and Des as an audience.

"Harry" louis starts "the royals wouldn't be too happy if they saw us" he whispers, noting how Des is watching them like a hawk.

"fuck the royals" Harry growls, voice echoing loud through the walls of the castle. Des' eyebrows shoot up with surprise, Louis copying his movements.

"son , can you go to my office" Des asks, too nice for Harry's liking. Harry eventually lets go of Louis, the worry on louis' face playing with his heartstrings. "sure"

                       ***

"what the fuck did you think you were doing" Harry immediately roars as soon as they enter Des office, looking at Sam like a predator.

"Harry, calm down, we'll talk about this" Des orders, looking Harry in the eye. Harry gives Sam one more glance before standing behind his father's desk, guarding him as he sits in his chair.

"start explaining" Harry spits furiously. it didn't take long for Sam to explain himself, stuttering through out his speech everytime he catches Harry's eyes. Des takes his time to digest the words, filling the room with tension.

"very well" the words roll off his tongue in a cold manner. "what should we do with you" Des drums his fingers against his wooden desk.

"we ban him from the kingdom" Harry says immediately, not suggest, but ordering.

"I'm the king here , Harry"

"I'm the prince here, father"

Harry's now glaring at his father, reaching his maximum and finally getting full of his father's shit. Des looks at Harry, then Sam, then Harry, then Sam.

"I'll be expecting you out of this palace by dinner time." he sharply threatens and smirks when fear flashes across Sam's face. he nods and scurries out of the office, scared and worried.

"johanna's leaving the palace today" Des informs after a beat of silence. Harry immediately snaps his head towards his father, the reaction asking the questions he isn't allowed to speak.

Des chuckles, for the first time in forever, sounding so sincere. "Louis can stay"

Harry breaks out into a smile, urging to hug his father but he stands his ground. "go talk to him" Des nudges Harry's shoulder softly, the gesture causing Harry's veins to bloom with happiness and shock. he nods and grabs the door knob but Des stops him.

"Harry?"

"yeah?"

"I'm proud of you, son"