"How do you know?" Namjoon's question was logical in itself and I wished I could give him a different answer.

"When the whole soulmate thing happened, I mentioned it to my mother. She called it... it nonsense and silliness, that the people who were feeling this way were crazy. She said it was going to disrupt everything for nothing." Remembering the conversation with my mother made me sick, made me want to scream or cry, made me want to rush out of the room, fly to the US and beg Y/N to save me from it all.

Namjoon said nothing for a moment, silent as he thought. "Do you think it's crazy?"

"At first I wanted to, didn't want to believe it, but then I met her. I met Y/N and it was like everything fell into place. Like there was something pulling me to her, telling me this is the woman I am supposed to spend my life with, the woman who is supposed to love me and let me love her." I knew my words sounded disjointed and crazy, but I couldn't help it. It was one hundred percent the truth. From the moment I met I her, I knew who she was to me, who I was to her. I knew it, but I pushed it away, pushed away the one woman meant for me.

Standing up, Namjoon walked over to his dresser, picking up the bottle of water that was sitting on it and taking a long sip. From his calm precise movements, I could tell it was his way of trying to pull his thoughts together, his way of trying to figure things out on his terms, with his methods. I knew he wanted to help me, but he just couldn't figure out how to. At this point, I don't know if there even was a way. Setting the bottle down, Namjoon turned to me. "Whatever you decide to do, you know we will support you." His voice was soft and gentle, but I knew that wasn't really what he wanted to say. He wanted to tell me to call off the wedding, to accept my soulmate and the happiness that she would so easily give to me, but he wouldn't.

"Thanks. I appreciate that." Wishing him a good night, I left his room and headed back to my own, my heart feeling heavy. I wasn't sure what I had hoped to accomplish by telling Namjoon about Y/N being my soulmate. Part of me wondered if I had been hoping he would try and convince me to cancel the wedding, accept the woman who was my soulmate and live happily ever after. I hadn't realized how much I wanted that, how much I wanted her until she had given me that little polite smile, so different from the way she interacted with the others. I wanted her to be open with me, to save me from the hell I was living. Unfortunately, I knew it was nothing more than a pipe dream. She would always be the one woman I could never have.

Yoongi POV:

The breeze coming off the sea was perfect and I rushed to the edge of the cliff, my eyes widening in anticipation. When the clearing appeared, my soulmate was seated on the bench, her eyes on the sea. "Y/N!" My voice was full of excitement as I called out to her.

Y/N turned around and stood up, the happiness clear in her own eyes. "Yoongi!" She hurried over to me and I swept her up in my arms. Her scent flowed over me like a hug, like a blanket fresh from the dryer, like the warm rain from a spring shower, like the feeling of knowing I was home.

"Are you... you're on your way, right?" I couldn't stop asking the question even though she had texted before boarding the plane, boarding the plane that would bring her to Korea, bring her to me, to us.

Y/N nodded against my neck, her hair tickling my nose. "Yes. I must have fallen asleep on the plane while I was reading."

Her words reassured me and I felt the worry I didn't know I was feeling flee my body, leaving me with a sense of exhilaration, something unlike anything I had ever felt before. "Thank goodness. I was worried you had changed your mind about us." Even though I said the words jokingly, there was still an undercurrent of concern lying underneath them, something my sweet perceptive soulmate must have noticed right away.