"Um... not really. Can I come... can I come in?" I could hear the own nervousness in my tone and for a second, I wanted to turn around and run, change my mind about the whole thing, but I needed someone to talk to, someone to confide in. I knew I wouldn't be able to rest with the secret still laying heavy in my mind. I needed to get it out, even if it was only to share it with someone, before locking it away again.

Namjoon pulled the door all the way open, the confusion clear on his face. "Sure." I stepped into the room and Namjoon shut the door behind me, sensing I needed privacy for this conversation, realizing something was serious. I sat on the edge of his bed and he sat next to me, not saying anything, just waiting for me to speak. I could see from the slight raise of his eyebrow that he was wondering why I was here, but he would wait until I was ready, wait for me to spill what was in my mind.

"Y/N is my soulmate." I blurted out the words unexpectedly, unable to hold them in any longer. They came rushing out like an opened floodgate, spilling all my secrets for everyone to see, spilling over everything in their path.

"I know."

Of everything I expected Namjoon to say, those two words were definitely not it. I expected instant denial, an angry demand that I leave the room and not say such things about his precious soulmate. I expected questions on why I suddenly felt this way and a requirement for proof, why I knew this. "Wh-what do you mean that you... you know?"

Namjoon shrugged, a small perceptive smile playing on his lips. "It means I know. We all do."

I stood up, pacing back and forth across his room, unsure how to proceed. One of my biggest worries had been Namjoon and the others forcing me away from her, not wanting me anywhere near their pretty soulmate, our pretty soulmate. "How long have you known?"

Namjoon leaned back on his hands, his eyes watching me as I paced. "I had an idea the day we met Y/N at the restaurant then I really figured it out when she sent us the photo of the hot dog. You can... can taste what she can. Is that right?"

Nodding my head, I turned to face him. "How come you didn't say anything before?" Namjoon shrugged again and I wanted to scream at his nonchalance at the whole situation. "Why?"

"Why didn't you? If you knew that Y/N was your soulmate, why didn't you say anything?" Namjoon sat up, crossing his arms over his chest. I could see that he was irritated, but it wasn't the idea of him sharing a soulmate with me, but at the idea that I had kept it quiet for so long.

Slumping down on the bed, I dropped my head in my hands, a headache building in the sides of my brain, like little men pounding away with tiny hammers, making everything in my mind swirl around like a cyclone, threatening to drag me in with it. "I couldn't. With everything going on with Mi-suk, with the wedding, I... I just couldn't."

"Are you still going to marry Mi-suk Noona?"

"I have to." I let out a sigh, wishing I could say something different, do something different, be someone different. "If... if I don't..." My words trailed off and I rubbed my eyes, trying to stop the tears that were building up.

Namjoon placed a hand on my shoulder, gently squeezing in understanding, reassurance. "You're afraid of letting down your parents, aren't you?" When I nodded reluctantly, Namjoon let out a huff, one that was filled with frustration. "You know your parents would understand, don't you?"

Knocking his hand from my shoulder, I stood up, running my hands through my hair, tugging on the ends. "No. No they wouldn't. My family... they are very traditional. They... they don't believe in soulmates and love at first sight. They believe in logic and order. They wouldn't... wouldn't believe me if I told them I had a soulmate. There is no way."