[19. leap of faith]

unedited!

•─────✧─────•

It had been multiple days since your mission with Pietro, and almost every moment following it had been spent with or around him.

Seemingly, it had brought you both closer.

It wasn't too big of a difference than it may seem, however. He just spent lunch with you and Wanda, hung around a little after training, met you outside your floor occasionally to walk with you to wherever else you had to be, and the rest of the times you had been around him were mainly caused by his relationship with Clint.

Regardless the reason, you had both gotten to know each other pretty well.

Was Pietro still a slightly overconfident playboy whose second (technically third) language was flirting? Of course he was, but you had come to see he wasn't just that. He cared about people he loved.

You felt somewhat stupid for not realising there was more to his remarks: an actual person behind his facade. No one could be that narcissistic.

Which-kinda-lead up to now.

You and Pietro were sitting on the floor outside the headquarters, waiting on Clint to head home. For some reason, your parents had arranged for anyone close to visit tonight. Supposedly, there was no reason for it, which it might as well be. Still - something seemed slightly suspicious about the abrupt invites.

Natasha and Wanda had went over earlier after they'd finished work. You and the speedster decided to stay behind - partially because neither of you could be bothered to talk to all the agents also leaving at the same time and because Nat wasn't exactly the best driver. On a motorcycle, sure, she was great! In a car, not so much.

Pietro dug into his jacket pockets, searching for something. The action had brought you out of your thoughts and intrigued you in his shuffling.

That's when he pulled the arm nearest to you out of the material and held out his sleeve-gloved hand to you, revealing a small, foil-covered ball in his palm.

"Mint?" He offered, gaze finding your own.

"This your way of trying to tell me my breath smells, Maximoff?"

"Not at all, prinţesă. Everything about you is perfect."

"How'd I end up next to you, then?"

Hand clenched over his heart melodramatically, Pietro scoffed, making you roll your eyes at the reaction.

"Kidding. Thank you."

Taking the mint from his hand, you sent him a warm smile that he reciprocated.

He kept his eyes on you even after you turned away, back looking at the nearly empty car park ahead.

It wasn't too cold considering spring was nearing, but it was definitely one of the coldest days this month,

"Dragă, you look cold."

"Really? What a surprise."

Now it was Pietro's turn to roll his eyes as he shrugged off his jacket.