[12. coffee]

i think im out of my writing slump guys

•─────✧─────•

it was the first day back at shield after the holidays, and you were currently sitting in the main lounge area on your floor, having just been told by bruce that your 'lesson' had been moved up since he has to teach thor how to use a microwave during the gap between his coffee break and teaching you (science. not microwaves). somehow that would eat into your time with bruce but, then again, it was thor. you loved the guy and all, but he wasn't exactly the easiest person- or god, if you prefer-to explain things to.

not like you were complaining. this just meant you had more time in one of your favourite rooms in the building. it had jet black leather sofas positioned like a semicircle around the glass coffee table. the walls were coated in a striking, ablaze colour, yet the vibrance clashed surprisingly calmly with the tranquil atmosphere provided in the space.

one of the positives of being at shield was finally being able to enjoy the quiet. it was rare to get any time to yourself whatsoever, so being in a practically silent room during the free hour in your almost daily schedule was an absolute blessing.

that was until a certain speedster decided to interrupt your peace.

"still pissed they took down our immaculate decorations basically the day after we put them up." pietro scoffed, literally coming out of nowhere, and slumped on the spot next to you, causing an aggravating dip in the material, which made you slip slightly towards him, dangerously close to his lap. luckily, you gathered your balance once more.

"a hello would've been nice." you grumbled, moving up your position to regain posture.

he looked you dead in the eyes, making you pause your actions and wait for him to say something, "hello, prinţesă."

you shoved him with your foot, ignoring his laughs, and continued your movements so you were against the pillowed sofa arm, "to be fair, we did just throw random stuff around the place and called it festive..."

"we still put decorations up, no?"

"true." you started, "but we didn't put much.. effort into it."

"effort is a social construct." pietro stated simply, causing you to laugh.

that was when wanda burst into the room and stood opposite her brother, "pietro, leave."

he held up his hands, "i was here first."

"i do not care. go."

pietro stood, grumbling his way to the door as pausing right before it, "you know, i'm twelve minutes older than you."

"plimba ursu!"

"wow, măgar " he retorted before finally exiting the lounge.

you had no idea what either of them had said, but it probably wasn't the nicest words you'll ever hear.

wanda glared at the door which he had just closed, then sat next to you, "sorry about him."

letting out a short, breathless laugh, you replied "no, it's fine."