CHAPTER TWENTY TWO ∆ A SHOCK TO MOST

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO • A SHOCK TO MOST

∆∆∆

murmurs and whispers surrounded the hallways as two teenagers walked beside each other towards their class. it would have been normal, as them walking with each other to class was a natural and regular occurrence, if not for one small yet big detail that was added into the frame— their fingers intertwined with each other.

sashihara kana walked with a bright smile across her face, humming her favourite song as usual like it was any other day. shirabu kenjiro, however, was blushing and tried hard not to get the attention of many. it would not be effective not to draw any attention, however, since kana was someone that almost everyone was friends with, and he was the regular setter for the school's volleyball team.

it was as if they were meant to shine as individuals, and even more so when placed right beside each other.

"yo, imouto!" a lively voice asked from behind them, just as they were about to enter the classroom.

kana and shirabu turned around to face the caller of her name, being met with a certain red haired third year from the same club as shirabu. tendou satori.

"nii!" kana exclaimed, wide smile now on her face— shirabu raised a brow at what she called him. did they truly treat each other as siblings, even going as far as calling each other younger sister and older brother? he could only think so.

"i see something strange happened. why are you two holding hands now?" the third year asked, narrowing his eyes as he looked at shirabu and softening them when he glanced back at kana.

"ah... we are finally a couple. i apologise for not telling you sooner!"

the word 'couple' made a tint of red colour shirabu's cheeks and ears, not really knowing what to say. just the word itself was enough to make his heart race— is it truly not just a dream?

"what?" tendou asked, his voice gathering the attention of everyone nearby. "you two are actually in a relationship now?!"

if embarrassment was a word that explained what they were to feel at that exact moment, kana and shirabu wanted to look for a word that was stronger— they wanted to sink down the ground never to be found again. the third year was too loud! was it really necessary for him to exclaim as loudly as he could?

"hush! are you planning to tell the whole country about it?" kana said, and then sooner, she felt the gaze of many on the three of them.

"i mean, it is quite alright for me if everyone had to know. that means they are aware that they don't stand any chance with you, i guess." shirabu said, his voice lowering as he stated his last sentence.