CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ∆ WHIPPED

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN • WHIPPED

∆∆∆

"i don't want to," kana whisper-yelled, as one of her co-cheerleading club members pushed her towards the gym where the volleyball club was training.

"but you're the only person here who's not afraid of an infuriated volleyball club's coach!" her co-member hina said, trying to reason out.

hina was right, though, since kana was close with washijo sensei. if someone between the both of them could talk to the old man, it would be kana. however, she was afraid that the old man might not be in the right mood for a couple of questions unrelated to the team he was coaching.

the thing is, the gym that the cheerleading club is using needs to have some equipment and stuff repaired tomorrow, and they were wondering if they could borrow the volleyball club's gym. a couple of troublemakers happened to thrash the gym while having "fun", meaning that they ruined the basketball rings, a couple of benches, and surprisingly, the floor. it would be dangerous for the cheerleading club to actually use their own gym to practice when it was in that state.

"that doesn't mean that i can-"

before kana could even finish her sentence, she was cut off when she heard the gym doors open wider. she almost jumped on her spot, seeing a figure lean against the wall with his arms folded across his chest. a frown was worn on his face, as if irritated by the presence of both kana and hina.

"i can hear your voices from inside. what is it? coach asked me to talk to you," said the figure, raising a brow at the female. "you're disturbing our meeting."

the other member of the cheerleading club, hina, nudged kana's elbow since she knew that the red haired female was quite familiar with the volleyball club. she was the only one between them who actually has the guts to speak to infuriated vbc members. it seemed as though kana was too stunned to speak, and only then did she realize that she was actually staring at the copper haired male in front of her.

of course, hina would nudge her to catch her attention. shirabu was kana's best friend after all, and it was unusual for her to stare blankly at him while he's talking.

"sorry! we were just kind of arguing about who should ask pops if our club can borrow the gym tomorrow," kana said, shyly rubbing her nape. "some troublemakers from the second year kind of had a fight and thrashed our gym. one of those troublemakers is a part of our club, too..."

shirabu clicked his tongue, annoyed at the said troublemakers that kana told him about. he then peeked at the girl behind kana, raising a brow at her. it was hina, and as shy as she was, hina hid behind kana.

"don't scare my friend, kenjiro." kana said, lightly pushing his right shoulder with her hand.

"i am not scaring her. i was just wondering who you were with. anyway, come inside and go ask coach yourself. i'm 50% sure he'd allow it."

with a bit of hesitation after knowing and hearing the angry voice of coach washijo earlier, kana entered the gym with shirabu, leaving hina behind after bidding her farewell then telling her she'll be back in a bit. without kana noticing, shirabu narrowed his eyes as he looked back at hina which made shivers run across the girl's spine.

god, is he jealous that i get to spend time with kana more than him?, hina thought.

•••

"my players have to train on that day, too. we cannot lose a day of training, i'm sorry." washijo sensei replied, so kana nodded. "but if you are willing to take turns with us tomorrow, it will be fine. you may use the gym during the morning, and we will use it during the afternoon. just make sure to clean up before leaving."

kana's face then beamed up, smiling at the old man and nodding. shirabu, who was watching from a distance, could not help but break a little smile as he saw how adorable his best friend looked as she smiled. he then felt someone nudging him, making him glare at the person.

"what the hell is your problem?" shirabu asked, looking at kawanishi— he was the one who disturbed the copper haired male's daydreams about his best friend.

"you look whipped. coach is giving you the stern look. in case you didn't notice."

"oh."

"yeah, oh."

is that a bad thing? i think i really am whipped for her.