"The Lord Of Desa Will Be Gone"

Start from the beginning

I couldn't believe my ears. I was overwhelmed by his words and thoughts. 

His eyes suddenly focused back on me. "In order to know what our future holds, we must solve all the mysteries of the past. I hope that we'll find in Bertaèyn the informations we need, to build up our future. There are so many secrets that have to be uncovered."

Again, I was amazed about his reflections and considerations. But did he really understand the whole outcome of a possible change?

"Uh, Gaisgeil....you know, what could happen?", I carefully asked.

His incredible green eyes sank into mine. "Yes, mo ghaoil, I know. The Lord of Desa will be gone and a new system resurrects."

"And...you can live with it at peace?" No hard feelings? No regrets?"

He shook his head. "No, not at all. With you, my view of life has changed. You, your grandfather, little Ascan and I will start something new. No turning back."

Dazed. I was simply dazed by his words and foresight. Gaisgeil, Lord of Desa, the feared Protos, finally broke the shakles of his father and his heritage.

I stood on my tiptoes, kissing his soft plump lips. "I love you, my destined."

His burning stare was full of emotions. "We'll you be by my side, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health?"

"Yes, I will, through health and sickness, through plenty and want, through joy and sorrow, now and forever."

Gaisgeil exhaled deeply. "Come , mo ghaoil, let's end it to restart."

Hand in hand we walked to Kane. I felt light although I knew, this evening would end in a bloodshed. 

Kane didn't comment about out little break, he simply resumed his walk. Yrina waited already outside of her room.

"I heard you trample through the hall so I..."

Abruptly she stopped. Her eyes took Kane in. And his .....her. 

They gawked each other, like children their candy. 

Gaisgeil and I gaped at them. What the gehena? I went on a quest for answers but it turns out to be a quest for love...!?

First Ronan and Ai, now  Yrina and Kane? I mean, I would be happy for my friend to finally have found somebody to love and cherish. I knew, Laidir didn't have a destined and Kane lost his. They were free to enter into a relationship of their choice. 

"What the fuck is going on here?", the startled voice of Ronan called out. Ai elbowed him.

"Ronan, I love you and all, but you have to learn to shut the fuck up!", she exlaimed.

We were all dumbfounded because Ai never used foul language. Ronan laughed. 

"Gehena, I have a bad influence on you." He gave her a sloppy kiss.

Yrina coughed. "Well, look at us, all pretty and dolled up ...", she noted awkwardely. 

Obviously Yrina avoided the confrontation with Kane. I cleared my throat. "This is Kane. He is on our side and will help us take Keallach down. So feel free to speak openly infont of him."

Yrina looked at him with mixed feelings. "Are you sure, Callida?"

I nodded, confirming my trust in him. Gaisgeil put his hand on Kane's shoulder.

"He'll help us and the other guards too. Tonight will be the end of Keallach's reign." 

 Yrina smiled wickedly, avoiding to talk to Kane.

"I sharpened my knives especially for wolf-girl."

Gaisgeil shook his head. "No, leave Ceallach out of it. She is not a target."

Yrina pouted. "Are you sure? Hm ..."

Ai was watching the black dress of Yrina with wide eyes. It was very revealing, with a feathery open neckline and a skirt of clear lace.

 It was very revealing, with a feathery open neckline and a skirt of clear lace

"Uhm, Yrina, where the heck did you hide your knives?", Ai questioned puzzled.

My blond friend smirked.  "You'll see..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Today I'd like to recommend a sweet and funny story I read on wattpad these days by SouthernAlps "Walking the fine Line". I really laughed and enjoyed a witty protagonist.

These songs kept me company while writing this chapter: