thirteen, rooftops

ROOFTOPS,stand still like the hummingbird

ROOFTOPS,
stand still like the hummingbird.

"You never told me we were gonna be walking so fucking much." Maddy groaned as they climbed some stairs through a fire exit. "Carry me." She dramatically stopped.

Vinnie scoffed as he pushed her to keep walking. "I'm not carrying you, stop being a baby."

This caused Maddy to dramatically gasp and hit him on his shoulder. "I'm not a fucking baby."

"Yeah and I'm Michael Jackson."  He tsked sarcastically before he ran up the remaining stairs to the roof, so Maddy couldn't hit him again. "Hehe." He did the iconic tip toe stance to tease her.

"You're such a dork, I fucking hate you!" She ran up the stairs, chasing after him. "I'm literally gonna kill you!" She took the right pair of her heels off and threw it at him.

He dodged the shoe and started laughing when he saw it fall off the building. "You're so smart Madeline," Vinnie sarcastically cheered for her. "You're never gonna see that shoe again."

"How the fuck am I supposed to walk?!" She whined hopping on one foot. This sight sent Vinnie flying into the milky way. "Stop laughing, it's not funny!"

As he laughed he swung his legs over the edge of the building, sitting down, facing towards the left of the building. "Come sit." He patted a space next to her to sit.

"Are you fucking insane?" Maddy looked at him as if he was crazy.

"I solemnly swear i won't kill you yet." He stated with sarcasm dripping from his voice. "Hurry up so you can see your present."

As soon as Maddy heard the word present, she perked up completely. "Present? Where?"

"Come here and you'll see." He sent her a grin as he looked at the brick wall in front of him.

Maddy hesitated slightly before sitting down next to him, trusting him. Truth was she trusted him more than most people which is surprising especially after everything that happened with Cassie.

She was definitely falling for him, fast. She only realised this last week at her birthday gathering while talking to Kat.

"What's wrong?" Maddy questioned a saddened looking Kat.

"I, like... can't fսck¡ng stand Ethan." She admitting, letting out a heavy sigh.

"I was wondering." Maddy lightly smiled in realisation.

"I don't know. He's, like, sweet, and, like, something good finally happens, and I'm, like, a million times more miserable." Kat groaned in frustration.

Maddy nodded understandingly before advising her best friend."Well, there's a difference between what you think you should want, and what you actually want." A part of her was trying to communicate to herself with those words.