•Chapter 8•

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

•Just the Beginning•

TW : Profanity, Mentions Of Death

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Tomioka soon joined you inside as he told you to sit down, so you did. Now sitting cross legged across the future water Hashira and Former Water Hashira casually.

All three of you sat in silence and all of you refused to speak up, enjoying your own cup of tea in comfortable silence. You didn't fail to notice a piercing gaze directed to you through the Urokodaki's mask, it seemed like he wanted to say something.

You tapped fingers on your your tea cup before looking at Tomioka with a small smile. "Say Tomioka, is this your Master?" You ask, gesturing to the man in front of you as Tomioka blinked and Urokodaki stiffened.

'Is this child unintentionally blunt or just rude?..' Urokodaki thought to himself as he wondered how you could refer to him as if he wasn't there. You didn't mean to be rude, you were just uncomfortable with talking to a man you barely know personally.

Tomioka stayed silent before nodding, "Yes..This is Master Urokodaki, he already knows you." He told you as you hummed and nodded.

Finally turning to the man with a small polite smile, "It's good to finally meet you Urokodaki-San! Please excuse my rudeness earlier, I am just uncomfortable with talking to people i barely know!" You explained as Urokodaki seemed to relax a bit and nodded.

"I see, Well i hope to see you more often as Tomioka's Guardian. He does not have much friends beside you and my other student after all." He said as you nodded with a small smile before looking at Tomioka with a teasing look.

Tomioka was looking away internally panicking, he was embarrassed that his Master had to exposed him like that before you chuckled and spoke. You turn back to the masked man as you smiled yet again, "I will try to visit as much as i can! But it won't be as often considering i am currently on the look for a teacher!" You said as Tomioka tilted his head.

"You..plan on being a demon slayer as well, [Name]?" He hesitantly asked as you nodded for the hundredth time this day. "Yeah!" You responded with a grin as he furrowed his brows before both him and his master turned to each other in unison.

Tomioka turned back to you, "but why?" He asked so simply as you blinked and deadpanned at him.

"To protect people duh! Plus i also wanna get stronger! I don't wanna remain as weak as I am now!" You explained with a serious expression, despite the grin on your face.

"...then why not just let Master Urokodaki train you?" He said as he blinked twice with dotted eyes until you and Urokodaki shook your head in unison.

"Urokodaki-San already has a lot on his plate, Tomioka. Plus! I wanna learn a cool breathing technique! Not to say that Water Breathing isn't cool but I want a breathing form that matches my aura! You know!" You explained as you gestured to yourself with your thumb, Urokodaki nodded in understanding and agreement.

Tomioka noticeably deflated before he shook his head and spoke, "I see, you're right. I'm sorry" He said as Urokodaki pat his head and you chuckled.