Tired

tw: mention if death
𝑰𝒏𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏:

- Emily Prentiss

Age: 33 — Occupation: Former BAU profiler - Liv Andrews

- Liv Andrews

Age: 33 — Occupation: Former BAU profiler - Liv Andrews

Age: 28 — Occupation: Profiler at BAU

____________________________________

"Em? Why are you awake?" Liv looks up to her girlfriend sitting on the floor on the opposite side of the room. "It's 4am Em, please come back to bed." She slowly gets out of bed after not getting a response. "Emily" She places her hand on her shoulder, making her flinch.

Liv sits down next to her, still leaving some space between them. "What are you thinking about?" Emily shakes her head, "Doyle" She places her hand where the branding was, it's not visible anymore but Emily can still feel the form.

"I thought quitting would help, I thought if I wasn't reminded every single day, the thoughts would leave, the pressure on my heart would leave, I could start eating again, I could close my eyes without seeing him, I could live my life." Liv looks at her, concern filling her eyes. "That's why you quit?" she asks slowly, getting a nod as response.

"He can't hurt you anymore Em." The older woman lets her head rest against the wall, tears forming in her eyes, "I know, but he already did." Liv gets a little closer, allowing Emily to put her head on her shoulder. "I'm so tired Liv" "I know baby, I know" She places a small kiss in her hair.

"My mind goes 100mph and I can't stop it, I can't stop thinking about what I could've done differently. I should have asked for the teams help earlier, maybe all those agents would still be alive." "Hey, That mission was not your fault, you couldn't have done anything."

Emily lets out a long sigh, getting herself ready for what she needs to say next, "Sometimes, I wish I actually died in that warehouse." She lifts her head up from her shoulder, looking into Liv's eyes. "What?" "Sometimes I feel like the world and the team would be okay, If I would have actually died, yes they would have to grieve but at least it would be real." Liv looks in Emily's eyes, looking for any sign of emotion "Don't say that."

"Hotch" The older man doesn't answer but she still continues "It's Emily" He sits up straight in his bed, "What's going on?" Liv holds in her tears as she explains to him what was revealed to her tonight. "She doesn't want to be here anymore Aaron, she feels responsible. I don't know what to do." She looks at her girlfriend, asleep on her chest. "We knew this was going to haunt her Andrews." "Not this much. We didn't know it was going to haunt her like this." He sighs at the other side of the line, "Try and convince her to come in tomorrow, I'll let the team know" She smiles softly "Thank you Hotch."

"Come on baby, you don't need to work, just see the team again, they miss you" Emily sighs, swinging her legs over the bed, "I'm not staying long."

Emily basically clings to her hand as they stand in the elevator. "I'm right here" She smiles softly. "Hey you!" Garcia walks towards the two women, "Are you back? Please tell me you're back, this place hasn't been the same without you-" "I'm not back Garcia, just visiting." She cuts her off, Liv gives her a reassuring look, telling her she didn't say anything wrong.

"Hey, hotch asked for you both" Derek yells from his desk, he didn't even try to engage with Emily as she walked by.

"Aaron?" "Emily! It's good to see you" He looks at the younger woman, "Agent Andrews, could you give us a moment?" Liv looks at Emily, who gives her a nod, showing her it's okay.

"Liv called you." "She did, Prentiss, we're worried about you." Emily looks away, "I'm fine" Hotch scoffs, "yeah right. You've said that so many times I don't think it's even a word anymore" He tries to get eye-contact but Emily refuses to let him in.

"What's going on with her?" Liv lets her head fall in her hands, "She's not okay" All heads turn towards her. "She feels responsible, she's in a bad place" JJ turns her chair and squats down to eye level with her. "How bad?" tears start to form in Liv's eyes, "Really bad, she doesn't sleep, she barely eats, she-" she looks up trying to collect herself, "she's done."

The team grows quiet, looking up into the chiefs office, watching the two of them talk, trying to figure out what's being said.

"She cares about you" He looks out to Liv, "I know" Still avoiding eye-contact. "Look Hotch, I appreciate this, really. But I'm a big girl, I'll handle this on my own." She stands up quickly, closing her eyes as she feels the room spinning. "When's the last time you ate?" She sighs, "Tuesday or something, Liv brought bagels." "You need to eat."

"No. You don't get to tell me what to do, you don't get to tell me that I need to eat. No one gets to, I do, I get to decide what I do" Her voice grows louder.

She catches her breath as she grabs onto the chair in front of her. She walks to the door, opening in an walking out, she stop in the opening, "So yes, I'm fine"

She feels dozens of eyes on her.

Liv watches her walk by, she grabs her by the arm, getting it thrown back at her as a response.

____________________________________

Absolutely no idea what this is supposed to be