Close Calls

On the Octopod, almost every risk comes with nearly dodging a bullet.

Every single time Kwazii "borrows" something from the Launch Bay, Tweak nearly kills him. Once when he barged into the Launch Bay at 2 AM when Jane was down there with Tweak and asked her to open the Octo-Hatch to let him out for a late night drive, the only thing keeping Tweak from cussing him out there and then or beat him was that Jane was watching them, and she didn't want her to think she was SUPPOSED to do that.

Basically, Kwazii learned to go ask Tweak to do stuff or confess that he broke something whenever Tweak had Jane in there so she wouldn't kill him... at that moment... (She'd give him just enough time to get away)

The Captain seems to run into a lot of close calls on missions while trying to keep his crew safe. Once when he was trying to keep Peso safe from a shark, he might have put himself in a position that let the shark bite him... but Kwazii lured the shark away with fish biscuits and leaped out of the Gup-A without a second glance at the shark to see if he and Peso were OK cos he couldn't stand the thought of either of them being hurt.

All the guardians have avoided some kind of close call with the kids, such as the time Dashi and Inkling heard this going on in the kitchen.

Squirt: Jane, are you sure this is a good idea?
Jane: Come on, it's not that sharp!

Any person with the slightest hint of common sense in that situation would RUN as fast as they physically could to the kitchen.

The Vegimals have had too many close calls where they were waddling sweetly on the counter but slipped and nearly fell head-first on the floor, but Shellington refuses to let that happen so he will physically dive under them to cushion their fall so they don't get hurt.

This will end in HIM getting hurt but he couldn't care less. As long as his babies are safe, he's happy. Peso WILL worry though, and he has had the Captain carry Shellington to the Launch Bay to make sure Shellington didn't break a rib.