flying fairies

edited

You were walking through the field on your way back to the school building.

You were thinking of heading up to the roof, but you really didn't feel like walking up 10 sets of stairs just to get up there, especially after everything that just happened.

You thought about just leaving school all together, but that was also too much work.

You just didn't feel like doing much today.

You felt odd. This morning you were perfectly fine, but now everything about your day feels so weird.

You knew it was definitely the set of events that happened in such a little time period.

Maybe, you were just in shock. Maybe, you felt guilty for letting Hee-su go out on her own. Or maybe, you were just bored and were overreacting.

Whatever it was, you didn't like it.

‧₊˚ ✩

When you finally made it back to your school building you heard the bell ring which was followed by the sounds of students exited their classrooms for lunch.

Since it was already lunch and there was no reason to return to your class, you decided to walk around the school.

You made your way up to the bridge that connects into a different school building.

You were gonna head into one of the libraries and go complain to the librarian about how crazy your day had been. You befriended her a while back when school first started which was a great decision. She keeps you updated with the teacher drama and you keep her updated with the student drama. It's a pretty great deal if you think about it.

You suddenly feel a tap on your shoulder which makes you turn around.

It was Su-hyeok again.

"Hey again," He began.

Recently he's been talking to you a lot more and this made you happy in a way. You smiled before saying anything back, "hiiii," you greeted him.

"Sooo what are you doing for lunch?" he asked.

"I didn't really have any plans, I was just gonna go sit in the library," you let him know.

"Were you gonna study?" He asked.

"Nah I was just gonna sit there and bother the librarian, why? did you need something?" You replied.

"Uhh, well no," he responded.

"Did you wanna do something?" You continued.

"Well..." he hesitated, "I was gonna ask if you wanted to hang out again for lunch if you weren't busy," he finished.

'He either likes me or he was dared to come talk to me and someone's secretly recording, or maybe he just wants to be friends,' you mentally made a list of possibilities.

"Oh sure! I'm not busy," you assured him and then you both began to walk back from where you came from."

You noticed Nam-ra walking past you too. You were gonna say something to her but she had her earbuds in and she was reading from a textbook, so you decided to let her do her thing.

"So where'd you disappear to earlier?" You heard the tall boy's voice once again.

"Earlier?"

"Yeah in the nurses office, you were standing next to me and then you were suddenly gone."

"Ohhh I left with Hee-su" you answered his question as your eyes looked around.

"Oh alright, you're okay though right? You didn't get hurt?"

You got a little distracted watching people walk by you and only heard the words 'hurt' and 'okay' so you replied based off what you thought he could've asked, "Yeah she's okay."

'I hope.'

"But are you okay?" You could feel him shift his gaze onto you.

"Oh me?" You looked over to him.

"Yeah you,"

"Yeah I'm good, are you?"

Before he got the chance to say anything you both heard screams. They were blood curdling screams which caused you two to stop walking.

"Uhhm.." you trailed off, "either people are dying or they're all practicing to become the new scream queen, or king, I don't discriminate," you joked.

"Is that why they're jumping out of windows too?" He joked back, pointing towards one of the school buildings.

"Flying fairies?" you jokingly shrugged your shoulders and looked over to him and smiled.

"If I laugh would that be fucked up?"

"I think i'd be more fucked up if we didn't run."

"Which direction?" He asked.

"Definitely not that one!" you sarcastically stated and pointed towards the giant wave of people running towards you two.

"Got it!" He exclaimed before grabbing your hand and pulling you in the opposite direction of the mob of people.

'Damn this is such a wattpad moment,' you internally joked.

You two ran to the other end of the bridge before seeing more people running out of that building too. "Shit," you heard Su-hyeok whisper to himself, "come on, this way!" He then began to pull you in the other direction again.

"Wait!" You shouted at him and pulled back on your arm, "stay right here i'll be right back," you said to him before he could say or ask anything, then began to run as fast as you could to Nam-ra.

"You grabbed her arm and just pulled her towards Su-hyeok without bothering to waste any time explaining.

Then you grabbed onto Su-hyeok's hand again and dragged them both along with you.

‧₊˚ ✩

You dragged both Nam-ra and Su-hyeok towards the big glass doors that lead into the school building but stopped when some infected students blocking them off.

Su-hyeok took charge and began to drag both you and Nam-ra in another direction, "this way!"

You didn't say anything. You just let him drag you along with Nam-ra.