𝟎𝟏𝟐. 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐒

Start from the beginning

the boy shook his head. "he hasn't been sleeping well. can you take him to my mom? she'll know what to do"

"yeah, yeah, of course" the girl opened her locker, shoving her bag in it. she left the building with stiles who was growing weaker as time went by. she helped the boy into her car, rushing into the driver's side. she looked at the boy who was looking at his lap, counting his fingers softly.

"stiles, what's going on?" she asked the boy. "i uh... i don't know. i just know that i'm not okay" he answered. the girl made it to the hospital, parking her car. the pair entered the building, walking up to the receptionist's desk where melissa sat at. she caught sight of the teenagers, looking at a weak stiles. "we need your help" the girl begged. "stiles?" she looked at the boy, "are you alright?"

"i don't know. i guess...i guess not really" he answered. melissa walked up to the pair. "alright kiddo. all right. come with me. it's okay"

〖➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵〗

"blackouts. but not for that long. and sleepwalking, which i used to do a lot when i was a kid. uhm... also having some really bad anxiety" melissa wrote everything down. "panic attacks?" she asked. "yeah, a couple. oh, and i temporarily lost the ability to read. but that might have had more to do with this giant magic tree and a whole human sacrifice thing" he spoke, making the woman smile.

"i recall something vaguely about that, yes" she commented. "how many hours of sleep are you getting?" she continued to ask. "eight"

"a night?"

"in the last three days" the parker girl looked at stiles from her chair. the boy looked down at his fingers, counting them. "yeah, definitely eight"

"been feeling irritable?" she asked walking away from him. "yeah. possibly to the point of homicide"

"inability to focus?"

"no, the adderall's not working"

"impulsive behavior?"

"more than my usual? hard to tell"

"vivid dreams during the day?"

"okay, basically all of the above"

"do you know what this is?"

"i think so" she replied, holding up a needle. "uh, what's that?" he asked the nurse. "do you trust me?" she asked him. "when you're not holding a needle" he replied. "it's midazolam. a sedative" she answered. after preparing the small space of skin, she injected the boy. "why'd you give me a sedative?"

"because you, stiles, are one profoundly sleep-deprived young man. you need rest and you need it now. lie down" she stood the boy, moving him to lay down. "okay. how long's it gonna take to...oh. not long at all" he answered himself, making himself comfortable on the bed. the woman smiled, tucking the boy in. mariana stood up, standing next the hospital bed. "i'll be right here when you wake up" mariana promised the boy, kissing him on the top of his head.

"get some rest" melissa told the boy. "thanks, mom" he said before drifting off to sleep. melissa froze, looking down at the stilinski child. she smiled at the boy, containing the tears that threaten to escape her eyes. "thank you, ms. mccall" mariana thanked her. the woman nodded, leaving the room. mariana moved a chair next to the bed, sitting down as she watched the boy sleep.

her heart ached. she didn't know what was wrong with him. no one did. it was all too much. she didn't know what to do. there was so much going on she was self destructing. she grabbed the boys hand, tears falling down her face. "we're gonna be okay" she promised.

〖➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵〗

stiles woke up in the dark. he looked down to his right, finding a sleeping mariana resting her upper half on the hospital bed. the boy quietly got up, making sure not to make any noise to wake the girl. he walked out the room, looking around the halls. "melissa?" he called out. when he received no response, he made his way down the halls. he walked into the morgue, looking around the empty room.

he then felt a presence behind him. the boy turned around, facing the figures that had attacked the pack at derek's loft. he looked at the two figures, turning around to run but stopped when a third one blocked his way. it backed him up, trapping him in between the three soldiers. the soldier lifted up its arm and shined its green eyes. the boy grabbed its hand, looking at it looking at it as he slowly forced it down.

mariana woke up with a gasp. she looked at the bed only to find an empty space where stiles once was. "stiles?" she called out, walking out the room. she called his name over and over as she walked the halls. "mariana?" she turned around, seeing scott. "i'm looking for stiles" she told the boy. "me too, i found his scent" they eventually made it to the morgue, entering the double doors.

stiles faced away from the two, standing perfectly still. "stiles?" they both softly called out, "you okay?" his friend asked. the boy turned around, looking at the two. "yeah. fine. what's been going on?" he asked, approaching them. "you scared the shit out of me" mariana said. "i know i'm sorry" he apologized.

the three walked out of the morgue, unaware that the boy they had walked out with was not stiles. stiles was gone. if only they had noticed the small firefly on the floor, illuminating its bioluminescence for the last time.