[chapter eleven] right where you left me

Start from the beginning

"Scott was raging today." He whispered, his eyes still on mine.

"I know. I've never seen him so angry before."

"I know- he despises Aiden."

There it was, that was what I was waiting for. I could tell Stiles wanted to ask, to know what it was that between me and Aide.

I knew that he knew we had history, anyone with eyes could see that. Shaking my head, I moved my body to the side, closing the gap between us and took his hand into mine, intertwining our hands and placing them on his chest.

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

"Stiles." I whined for the hundredth time. "You don't have to follow me up to my room. Trust me, I have climbed this fire escape multiple times in the past two weeks, I'm pretty much a pro now."

"I don't care how many times you've climbed up here Ree, I will still always follow after you."

With a scoff, I rolled my eyes at the boys persistence. "Fine, when your legs ache like hell tomorrow don't complain to me about-" A yelp left my lips as my foot slipped off one of the rings, making me accidentally let go of the railing.

Quickly, Stiles arm snaked around my body and pulled me into his chest whilst his other arm tightened it's grip on the railing. 

"You okay?" He whispered in my ear.

A smirk tugged on my lips as I gave him a light nod. Our faces were inches apart, in one swift movement the gap could be closed. I didn't know if it was because I was still high as a kite, or because I was horny as hell- but I wanted to close the gap, I wanted to feel my lips on his.

"Ree." Stiles whispered whilst tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "We can't." He muttered, reading my mind. "Remember your rule, no kissing."

"What if I want to break my rule?" I shot back whilst slowly inching forward.

I was defiantly high, clearly not thinking of the consequences as I inched closer towards the boy. I wasn't thinking of anything, of how catastrophic it would be if we kissed, if our lips touched. 

I wanted to escape the roaring voices in my head, I needed to escape. 

"Well then you should, if it's what you really want."

"Do you want me to break the rule?"

Stiles licked his lips as he rested his forehead against mine. "More than I've ever wanted anything in my life." He whispered back. "But- you have a rule for a reason."

"Fuck my rule and fuck me instead." I shot back playfully. 

Just as our lips almost touched, the sound of Stiles' phone ringing broke us out of our own little world. Scotts name flashed across the screen, reminding me of what I had almost done. 

I was still so out of it on fentanyl that I almost destroyed everything, I was so off my head on drugs that I almost shattered it all. Shaking off the chill that raced down my spine, my smirk was replaced with my usual scowl. 

I needed to get away from him before I did something stupid, before I did something I couldn't take back. 

"Thanks for walking me home." I muttered before pulling myself  out of the boy's hold and climbing through my window.

The second my back hit the wall I let out a heavy sigh and sank to the floor. No matter how badly I wanted to kiss Stiles, I wouldn't let myself. I almost slipped up, I almost let my heart win however, my head knew better. Kissing him would be putting him in danger, I would never let anyone I cared about die because of me ever again.