Natasha Romanoff

I wrote this on the way back home from my grandma's and halfway through the bus ride the woman who was next to me fell asleep on my shoulder... Anyways reader is an avengers and is Nat's friend. Also don't be quiet in the comments hehe.

Enjoy

Y/n's pov
I entered the Avengers tower, I had just come back from a mission at a H.Y.D.R.A base. Honestly it didn't go as planned. I was supposed to just find my way in, go to the computer room or whatever it's called, get the information and then get without getting caught. Well eventually with my luck, there obviously had to be something that ruined the whole mission. And that something was ✨me tripping over a stick✨ *idk couldn't think of anything else my brain doesn't work at the moment* yes a stick I mean what kind of trained spy trips over a stick? Me. Well it caused a whole chaos, guards running everywhere, yelling, shouting and guns shooting . I eventually managed to make my way out after taking some of the guards down, I don't even know where the rest went I guess they had somewhere better to be.
Now I'm back at the compound on my way to Fury's office to give him the memory stick with the information I was tasked to get. I stand in front of the office door, take a deep breath, I can already feel Fury's burning look through the door. I just need to knock on that door, come on Y/n it's nothing, besides you still managed to take the information, okay here goes nothing. I knock on the door and I can hear a "come in" which is clearly hear the slight disappointment in his voice. I open the door and see him sat on his chair back facing me. "Hello, sir." I say to make my presence clear. He turns around, oh here we go... "Y/l/n, I was waiting for you." He says "Care to explain what took you so long" Oh I think you already know what took me so long you're the one who was yelling at me through the coms after I managed get away from the chaos that was caused by ME. "I'm sorry sir. I wasn't paying attention where I was stepping" "Clearly, what kind of spy trips over a *stick* on a secret *mission*" He tells me clearly disappointed in me "I'm sorry" I say faintly "At least you got the information, or did you loose on the way back." Says sarcastically, I step forward and extend my arm to give him the memory stick. "Thank you agent Y/l/n you are dismissed" I nod in response and exit the room closing the door.
I find myself in the corridor and sight, what was that Y/n, I thought to myself. I just go straight to my room, I don't want to talk to anyone right now. I enter my room and go straight to the bathroom to take a shower.
~time skip~
It had been maybe two hours since I had come back from the mission, all I had done was just to lay in bed and do pretty much nothing. It was getting late and I was starting to get hungry, but honestly I didn't want to go to the kitchen scared that there would be someone else. The last thing I wanted to do was having a conversation with someone. Eventually it was getting pretty late and I just had to eat something. I leave my room and take the elevator to the upper floor to the kitchen. I leave the elevator and enter the kitchen seeing ALL of the avengers, I can't deal with this right now, but I really need food besides Tony already noticed me I can't back up, oh god. "Y/n haven't seen you today how did the mission go" Tony greets me I already know that he knows how my mission went, he always knows what's going on. "Yeah it went okay I guess" I just say faintly and go to the fridge. "How was it tripping over a stick?" He asks laughing, that little shit. "Awesome" I say sarcastically. I make myself a bowl of cereal and go to the table to eat it. "Y/n did you actually trip over a stick on your mission" Steve says chuckling which earned a few laughs from Bucky and Thor. I just sigh honestly can't they just leave me alone "That's ridiculous" Clint says laughing at me. Seriously, I just stand up and leave to go to my room.
I enter my room and go straight to bed, I just lay there for hours, I just can't sleep all the things they said are running through my head *all the things his said all the things he said running through my head running through my head* I can't believe seriously how stupid do you need to be to do that. I don't even realise that there are tears running down my checks, at this point I don't care I just start sobbing, I'm just so tired and at the same time so angry at myself.

Nat's pov
I was in the kitchen with the avengers except Y/n just talking about random things, when the elevator door opens revealing Y/n dressed in sweatpants and a hoodie she had her hood on which I know for a fact that she doesn't really want to make any conversation at the moment. She enters the kitchen when Tony asks her how her mission was, she just responded with a simple okay. Then Tony mentioned her tripping over a stick in her mission, the poor thing there is always something ruining her missions, it makes me feel bad for her. The comments given by the boys clearly makes her annoyed and uncomfortable which leads to her leaving the kitchen. "Guys seriously" I say to them annoyed and disappointed in them "What she tripped over a stupid stick like no one does that it's ridiculous" Steve says. I honestly can't do this anymore so I just storm of the kitchen and make my way back to my room.
~time skip~
It's late and I haven't been able to sleep, I might as well just go for a walk to clear of my mind. I just go on different floors of the compound. After a while I decide to just go back to my room, I walk down the hallway when I hear faint crying from Y/n's room. Should I knock and ask if everything is alright? I mean she probably wants to be alone but maybe It'll make her feel better to just talk to someone. I knock faintly on her door, after a few seconds the door opens to reveal Y/n with a tear strained face, the sight broke me I feel so bad for you. I don't even know what to say I just hug her without even realising my actions.

Y/n's pov
I hear a knock on my door, I get up to get it I don't even care that I look dead. I open the door to see Nat standing there, I'm confused why is she here at night. Suddenly she pulls me in a hug, that was my last straw I just break in tears they just keep falling and I just sob into her chest. She just hugs me tighter and whispered sweet nothings in my ear. After a while we pull apart and she wipes some tears of my face and tucks some hair strains behind my ear. "Can you stay... please" I ask her " Yeah sure, if you want me to" she says "yeah" I say her. We go on my bed and get under the covers. "Come here" she says and opens her arms signalling me to cuddle her. We just stay there in silence for a bit until I say "Thank you" "For what?" "For being there every time I was at my lowest" "It's my job as your friend" I just smile at her and place my head on her chest, soon both of drift a sleep.

Hope you liked it thank you also for 10 followers that's so cool, and thank you for all the reads and votes, I'm also in the process of editing a bit this book (aesthetically) have a great night or day or whatever love you all.
M.V <3

💙💛