𝟜

I woke up today to a whole new world. My phone was blowing up with calls, texts, friend request on different socials. I didnt know what the fuck I did for all this.

My phone ringed again and I answered it, the phone number wasn't saved so I didn't know who it was until the facetime connected.

"damn bitch you ain't call me in a minute, what the fuck done happened?", I asked my long time friend Tykerra.

"Bitch you tiktok famous" she said.

"Huh? How?", I was beyond confused.

"Bitch you was doin a cypher or some, Ian know you could rap like dat", she said and then it clicked.

I laughed, "I don't rap, it was just a lil some."

"Shit you was goin in, but aye you tryna go to the fair tonight.", she asked me.

"I'm down for whatever", I said.

Going out two days in a row, I'm on a roll. She told me what time she would be here to get me and hung up.

I started going through my socials, seeing videos of me rapping and a whole lot of other shit that happened last night.

I looked through all my request, looking for one name in particular. This girl had me intrigued the moment I set my eyes on her. I never been the one to be pressed about a bitch.

But I seriously wanted to know about this girlfriend of hers. Hope she ain't the type to die about that pussy.

I got up and got myself together. As soon as I stepped out my room, the smell of bacon hit me in the face.

"I hope y'all saved some for me!", I yelled.

"Better hurry and get some then!", I heard my momma yell back.

I walk into the kitchen and show my mother some love. "Goodmorning ma"

"Goodmorning baby, I saw you had a fun night last night." I laughed.

"Ma how you managed to see that, you barely know how to turn yo phone on.", I said.

She laughed, "oh shut up, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. It's been a while since you put yourself out there."

My mom has been by my side every step of the way. Even when I didn't let her in on some things that had me in a dark place.

"I know ma, but speaking of being out there. Is it okay if I go out with Ty to the fair tonight?", I asked.

"Sure as long as you're safe. I might go out tonight so you better be back before me. And Aunt May came and got the girls already", that was music to my ears.

My little sisters work my nerves, I appreciate the time I have away from them.

"Ok, I'm about to go to the court ma I'll be back", I said and grabbed my basketball before leaving the house.

Basketball was another scapegoat for me. I've loved basketball since I was a kid, I would spend ours outside trying to strengthen my handles, sharpening my hand and eye coordination.

It was sad to see me throw my dream away. Being so low in life that the things you love seem to be less interesting. I just recently decided to pick the ball up again.

I've even thought about joining the team this year, but I don't want to be put on JV as a senior because I didn't play my whole high school career. So, I spend my free time on the court.

It was 11 am on a Saturday morning, the sun was out and it was a good 70 degrees outside. There's usually a few people on the court this early but it's never too much.