𝟤𝟦

[WARNING]Mention of usage of substances

[WARNING]
Mention of usage of substances

It—

— Was eerie for a whole week.

Last week Rengoku came to school for only three days before bouncing. And during his time of coming to school he respected your boundaries. He didn't come up to you if it was unnecessary nor try to be in your vicinity if he didn't need to be. But this week, since it was already Friday, he hasn't shown up at all. Don't get it twisted of course you were worried about him but you didn't want to reach out to him first. Especially not this early in the game.

You would usually forget about his existence when you was too occupied with something else. And these were one of those moments! You had just got back from the attendance office, helping Ms. Dalia out since you wanted to skip gym today. You just helped organize and stuff before she wrote you a note to your second class.

Now you were just walking slowly down the hallway thinking about what your mom was going to cook tonight.

"Hey you." A voice emerged from the silent hallway, making you stop and turn around to the person. Yet your face fell once you saw who it was. Athena, crossing her arms as if she had a problem with you.

"I got a name." She brushed her tongue across the inside of her cheek, and giving you a smirk that wasn't nice at all. Athena also seemed to have no more of a reason to approach you all of last week and this one, much like him. So you was stress free kind of. But what she wanted now was a mystery— a big one since she seeked you out first without the co-dependency of Rengoku.

She sighed and sized you up in a way that made you want to take Sanemi's advice. But she stopped and looked to the side. "He's sick. And has been for a minute now." She grumbled to you as it hurt her every fiber even speaking to you. "He doesn't do a good job of taking care of himself either when he's like this." It was like your world had stopped when she told you this. You was so busy of trying to keep him off your mind that you didn't even take into account why he would even take school off for this long.

But you straightened up and clutched your mini backpack close to you. "What does that have to do with me though?" You replied putting on a front. She scoffed and rolled her eyes at both your actions and question.

"Well, since he instructed me that I'm not allowed to cross boundaries anymore," she shot back you adding air quotes to her sentence. "Then someone has to go over there to make sure he doesn't die, right." Adding as she darted her eye contact away from you, wishing this was over as quick as possible.

Her last sentence didn't make you feel any better about the situation, because why would she say that. But you couldn't say anything to her about it because after that she brushed passed you. Leaving you to mull over your decision.