Our love is God Part 2

En başından başla

A few hours later, they decided to leave the restaurant and Alastor was paying the bill. Then she puts her arms around his, while walking beside him. The couple decided to walk home and enjoy some drinks together in their cozy home. Fiona twitched as she heard a branch breaking. "Did you hear that?" Alastor did hear it and was looking around, but he couldn't see anyone or anything. "Maybe it was just an animal," he says calmly, even though he was still on alert. He didn't want Fiona to worry too much about it. It's still her birthday, and he wants her to remember this day as a happy occasion.

The rest of the evening was pretty chill and nothing out of the ordinary happened. Alastor carries his now totally drunken fiancée to their bedroom. It's the first time he sees her this wasted. Normally she is the more sober one of the two. She mumbles some things and makes cute noises, what makes him chuckle. He gently places her on the bed and softly caresses her head. "May more happy days follow," he whispers, full of hope.

***

Two months had passed since the incident occurred. No other incident had happened during this time. Alastor still felt uneasy, but was happy to know that his future bride was alright and didn't lose her smile. He made sure that she was safe. If Fiona and Alastor had early shifts together, she would prepare breakfast for both of them.

She would make him bacon with two fried eggs, toast, and a cup of black coffee. At the same time, the meat she used to make the bacon was from the victims that Alastor had killed. He was very happy that she supported him in this. From time to time, she brought him a victim from the hospital. Fiona had only chosen the ones, where she knew that they were pedophiles or rapists. It was as if someone had flipped a switch on her. Only later did she realize what she had done, but in the end, she didn't care. In her opinion, the people deserved it. It doesn't matter if it's a man or a woman, both sexes can be monsters. There was no exception to this.

Fiona would watch Alastor hunt these people on their remote property like wild animals. This hunt would be best done in the adjacent forest, which was part of the green area. The hunts usually took place mostly at night, since the couple had visitors from time to time. Therefore, it was very risky to do it during the day. They would save it for later, once their guests had left. It always amazed her lover how calm she remained even when some of his victims screamed.

Quite rarely, he got a victim who did not react like his previous victims. These were downright eager for him to inflict pain and gut them like a fish. Even this, made it much less fun for him to torture them. Instead of making them squirm, he preferred to kill them right away. Also, some victims even seemed to develop Stockholm syndrome. However, he did not expect any sympathy from these people. The only person he wants this from is his beloved fiancée, and no one else.

If someone developed understanding or even love for him, he would avoid that person and Fiona would take care of them. However, the victims do not want this and complain. They want it to be him and not her. Fiona's calm manner is much more sinister than Alastor's sadistic behavior. She doesn't talk to them and pretends they are not even present. It's annoying when they complain and demand his attention, but she remains calm.

She uses different types of poison to get rid of those pesky parasites. Although her beloved could no longer consume them, at least he had gained his peace from them. In the end, they would clean the cellar together and burn the bodies in the blast furnace near the hunter's lodge. While they were cleaning the cellar together or waiting in the woods for the bodies to be burned, Alastor would suddenly take her hand and start dancing with her.

The couple enjoyed each day like it was their last. They never knew when the day would come when they could get caught. But when this day comes, they know that they don't want to be separated and would rather die together dancing in the burning flames of their home.

In addition to his busy work schedule, Alastor often had night shifts, which annoyed him to no end. Fiona rarely had the same shift for a longer period of time. It was kinda annoying for her to never have two weeks in a row, where she had a morning shift or a night shift. As a result, her sleeping rhythm was thrown off the rails.

Fiona was taking a break from her morning shift and sitting in the break room. She was eating a sandwich that Alastor made for her before he headed to work. "He's such an amazing guy," she thought to herself happily and enjoyed her lunch. "I wonder if he is doing alright at home while I am working?" She was looking outside the window and the sky was all gray as if it would rain soon.

So many things had happened in her life, and most of them were not very pleasant. However, she was glad that she had met a person with whom she could share her sorrow and pain. A smile appeared on her beautiful, young face, and she was getting back to work after finishing her lunch.

***

While Fiona was at work, Alastor was sitting frustrated in the fireplace room, drinking his black coffee and staring at the glimmering flames. He felt so bored and was thinking about hunting for a prey, which he could eat later. It sure was risky at this time of the day, but this made it even more exciting and entertaining for him.