oneshot: nightmares

(Based before Jack and Betty started dating)

(This will be short)

"HEY, Henley." I say while making popcorn. She had just come back from buying clothes and shoes, and she was tired. "How was your shopping?" I ask her, and she nods, giving me a thumbs-up.

I smile and I sit beside her once the popcorn was finished cooking. We were watching some shit movie, I forgot it's name, but whatever. "Want some?" Henley takes some popcorn, and munches on it. "This is caramel?"
"Yeah, why?" She smiles and takes more popcorn.

I laugh, "You must love caramel popcorn. Noted." Henley nods, "I do. It's better than the original." I roll my eyes. I like the butter popcorn way better, "Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say." The movie has a sex scene, and I skip it.
"Ew, what the hell-" I say, in disgust. I close my eyes while I skip to a scene that's more normal and wholesome. Which took quite a while.

Finally, when it was almost the end of the movie, Henley had already fallen asleep. I chuckle as I make her get into a more comfortable position as she sleeps. I turn off the T.V. and I brush my teeth and then I go to my bed.

"Hey, Betty."

I look to see Jack sitting on my bed. "What are you doing, Jack?" I ask him as I try to get him off the bed. He whines and says, "I'm scared to go to bed in my room!" He holds the covers so it would be harder to get him off the bed. Fuck him. I sigh and I drag him along with the blanket as I bring him back to his room. "There. Now go to bed." I tell him, my arms crossed in annoyance.

Jack gives me a sad face, and I turn off the lights and then sit beside him on his bed. "Could you stay for a bit? Maybe it'll make it easier for me to sleep..." I smile and I play with his hair as his eyes start to close. Once Jack's eyes were fully closed, I tried to get out of the bed, and I did as slowly as possible, cause if he heard me, he'd be dragging me back

I walk back to Henley and see that she's still on the couch. I groan heavily as I go to her and I put my arm around her shoulder as I try carry her back to her room. I bring her to her room and I let her go. My arm winces in pain. Henley's heavy as fuck, and Danny always mentions her before.

Once I make it to my room, thankfully, Jack isn't there. Ugh, finally. I flop on the bed and I start to sleep soundly...

Until...

I felt someone push me slightly, not off the bed, but a bit away from my usual spot. I look to see Jack. "What's wrong?" I ask him, concerned. He responds, his voice groggy, "I- I want to know if you're okay." Huh? I was perfectly fine until you came and disturbed my wonderful sleep.
"What do you mean? I'm fine. What's up with you?"

Jack replies back, "I guess it was another nightmare." I look at him and I sigh, "Okay, do you want to hug for a little bit?" He nods and we hug each other. A few minutes later, I try to let Jack off of me, but he won't let go of my neck. "Ah- ow." I mumble, quietly.

At the end, I gave up and I just slept. Well, I tried to.

The next morning, I wake up to see that Jack wasn't there. Was I just dreaming that he was there? I went to the living room where McKinney, Daniel, Henley, and Jack eating a sandwich. "Good morning, Betty." Jack greets me, and I wave back.

I sit beside Henley, and she smiles at me. "What's up with you?" She responds, in full interest, "What happened with you and Jack yesterday? I saw you two- um- sleeping together..." I blush and I whisper back, "Not- nothing! He just had a nightmare. So he came to me..." Henley rolls her eyes and I flip her off.

"Rude much." Henley mutters, and I scoff. McKinney looks at me and asks, "So... you and Jack?" I glare at him, and he raises his arms up, "I'm just asking. You two were cuddling last night."
"Well... Jack just- just had a nightmare!" I tell them, embarrassed.

Everyone starts staring at Jack. "Awww, little baby Jack is having nightmares." Henley teases him. The others chuckle, but then I say, "C'mon, he's still a kid. Give him a break." The others sigh and continue talking about other stuff. Jack whispers to me, "Why'd you have to tell them that I had a nightmare?"

I tell him, I can't stand this right now, "What else did I have to say?"

"Well, you maybe could've made another excuse
like, 'Oh, sleepwalking'?" He says, and I laugh softly. After, Merritt starts talking to Jack, and I talk to Henley. "I have a question for you, Henley..." She looks at me and nods, "What's going on between you and Daniel?" She almost chokes on her saliva and whisper-shouts, "What?!"

"I am going to hit you!"

"NO, BITCH!"