[̲̅5]- act two

"LADIES and gentlemen, the Savoy management welcomes you to tonight's special performance, The Five Horsemen, Act Two. Unlike traditional performances, The Five Horsemen encourage you to film, call your friends, upload, stream, and tweet the show freely.
Thank you. The show will begin in a few minutes." The announcer says.

I start getting really nervous. What if something goes wrong with our plan or something? I feel a hand on my shoulder and look to see Jack. He smiles and says,
"Hey, don't be scared. We've done this many times before."

I respond, still scared, "But we're robbing a millionaire! What if someone catches us and puts us in jail for 20 years! I don't want wrinkles in a cell!" He laughs at my comment, "Don't worry, same!" I hit him, "I'm serious! I don't want to end up in jail! That's been one of my worst fears... other than spiders."

Jack sighs, "Don't sweat. We'll make sure this plan doesn't go wrong." I hug him, and he hugs me back. We keep hugging until I feel someone whisper in my ear. "Hey, Betty Boop. Better get ready for our act "

I stop hugging Jack, and he sees who was behind me.

"Oh, hey Merritt! Right..." Jack gives me a small pat and leaves. I glare at Merritt. "C'mon. I was about to steal his wallet." He chuckles and I go with him to get ready for the performance.

"Arthur Tressler presents...
Jack Wilder, Betty Nolan, Henley Reeves, Merritt McKinney, and Daniel Atlas!
The Five Horsemen."

Danny starts, "Thank you. Before we begin, we'd like to single out two people in particular. A man and woman to whom we'd like to dedicate tonight's performance too.
FBI Agent Dylan Rhodes and the lovely, somewhat inexperienced, Interpol Agent Alma Dray, everyone."

The crowd boos at them, and give a slight grin.

"Yeah, Agent Rhodes has personally vowed to 'nail us'. And we encourage him to do so..." I say to the audience, specifically Rhodes and Dray. Jack adds, making me laugh under my breath. "If he has the brains and the fur."

"What is magic? Our argument, nothing but targeted deception."

Danny says, "So I want you to look. Look as closely as possible. Because the tricks you are about to see may not seem connected." I also say something as well, "But we assure you, they are. Is what follows 100 different tricks? Or is it one giant illusion?"

The audience starts cheering, and Henley starts preparing the first trick.

"And now for one of the oldest tricks in the book. Danny, if you won't mind opening up the box, and showing everybody that it's completely empty." Danny listens to Henley as does as she says. "I'm going to take sweet little Fluffy here and put her inside this mystery box. And now we'll say the magic word..."