[̲̅8]- epilogue

It had been already three months since me and Jack got together (specifically after the carousal thing and Rhodes). We hang out at Ellie's place, and the sacrifice was that she had to know about Jack's fake death, and she was scared and thought that he came back alive.

So far, these three months have been really fun and I love being with Jack. He's nice, sweet, and even if he can't bring me to dates, he even knows how to cook! I forgot to ask Ellie to help me with my cooking skills. Fuck.

But I also have a problem. No relationship is perfect, and there are a lot of things Jack doesn't know about. Like me being a witch, but there's something way worse than that that I need to tell Jack about. Which would sacrifice our relationship.

"Hey, Betty! Jack is here!" Ellie shouts, and I walk down the stairs. I go to the door and I see Jack with a rose. I look at him and ask, "Where'd you get this from?"
"Uh... might've stolen it from a flower store..." He says, his voice getting soft. I sigh as I let him inside the house and he removes his shoes.

How am I supposed to tell him this. That I have to leave, leave him, leave New York. Ellie already knows, and she agreed not to tell Jack about it. He questions to me afterwards, with a smile on his face, "What do you want to do today!" I give a gaze at him, Jack looks so happy, with his smile, I'm going to break his heart.

He's going to have so much questions that I'll need to answer. I also don't want Jack to be sad. I love him so much, and I hate when he's in a bad mood. I take a deep breath and I tell him I want to go upstairs. Jack nods and we both walk together.

Once we made it my room, Jack asks me again, "What do you want to do today?" My eyes start to swell up with tears, and I go straight to hugging him. He hugs me back and says to me,
"What happened?! Did you get hurt?" I shake my head no and I look to see his face again. I have to tell him. The truth.

"I'm leaving..." Jack gulps, and he starts to tear up. I feel like there are onions in the room right now. "What do you mean? Where are you going?" I sigh, my voice hitching, "I'm going back to London... my mom... she's sick." 

Jack looks away from me and doesn't say anything. I tell him, wanting him to know, "Jack. These have been the best three months in a long time. You've made me feel like a better, happier person, and I can't thank you enough."

He breathes very slowly, "I want you to remember. I love you. Even if you hook up with some British guy, you will see my face in your head the fucking next morning." I try not to laugh at the joke, but he looks at me seriously, "I will miss you."

"You won't see me for a long time though. You'll forget I exist by the time that I come back." I tell him, and Jack looks at me, with puppy eyes. He bit his lip and gives me a hug. I hug him back, I don't want to leave him, but my family is more important.

I know that Jack is important to me, but I have to see if my mom's okay. And like I said, Jack's going to forget about me by the time I come back. "Wait, when are you leaving?" I sigh, fluffing his hair, "In a week." He asks me, with a cute voice, "Can we cuddle?"

I laugh as I say yes, and we both cuddle with each other.

I still feel guilty about one thing in particular.

This is also another way to get off the grid...

thank you for finishing this book. jk, there's more. but you don't have to read it, it's just oneshots. if you hated this book, why did you read it? you may vote on this book, and you can always remove your vote later. stay safe! sorry that this chapter sucked :P

- jackwilderswifey