"Oh yeah?" Yinka didn't look fazed or intimidated one bit "I'm just speaking my mind. It's a free world, ain't it?"

"Watch your mouth when you're talking to my girl"

Justin stepped closer to Yinka. Yinka stood up.

"And if I don't?"

I had no choice but to stand up to step in between them. I faced Justin. His chest was rising and falling fast as his breathing increased.

"Please stop" I cupped Justin's face in my hands "It's not worth it. He's just a natural flirt"

Justin's breathing slowed down at the sound of my voice. He nodded.

We all sat down after the whole thing was settled. I noticed that Justin's legs still shook out of anger.

"Well, that was intense" Victoria said, taking a sip of her drink.

I held Justin's hand in an attempt to calm him down. I let out a sigh of relief when it worked. He was getting calmer by the minute.

"I'm sorry you had to see me like that" he spoke "I just can't bear the sight of another guy touching you"

"It's fine. You look hot when you're angry anyway"

He chuckled.

It was true. In some twisted way, seeing Justin all riled up because of me turned me on. It made me want him even more. I wish I could see this side of him more often.

"You look beautiful" he said to me.

"You've said that a thousand times tonight"

"I'll keep saying it because it's true"

The difference between Justin and Yinka is clear. Justin called me 'beautiful' while Yinka called me 'sexy'. Justin and I connected on an intellectual level. He cared about what was inside me. He turned me on intellectually before even reaching out to touch the other parts of my body. Yinka and I connected on a physical level, probably because I was curious about my sexuality. There was nothing deep about that.

"Oh my gosh" Victoria shrieked "That's 'Life of Maya'"

Across the room, Maya and I made eye contact. I didn't expect to see her here but I wasn't surprised. She was a public figure and her sister was a huge Nollywood actress. They come to places like this all the time.

"I did not expect to see her here" Justin said.

I shrugged.

"I'm not surprised anyway. I remember her telling Nnena that she'd be going the club soon"

"Wait...you guys know her?" Victoria asked us.

"Yeah" I answered "We go to the same school"

She gasped.

"That is so fucking cool. I wish I could get a picture"

My phone vibrated. When I checked it, it was a text from Maya.

Maya: What are you doing here?

I raised my eyebrows in confusion. What on earth does she mean by this?

Me: I could ask you the same thing

I looked at her. She was already looking at me.

My phone vibrated again.

Maya: Who are you?

Me: Excuse me?

Maya is typing

Maya: You act like you're so innocent but I'm sure you're not who you say you are